Incorrect version of 1P mini launched

Options
Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Mini + Chrome Extension keep defaulting to old version on restart.

Comments

• LDP@vertetude
    LDP@vertetude
    Community Member
    Options

My problem is a little different, yet similar. I'm running 1password 5.3.2 for Mac, and Chrome. In the last week I've been getting this warning popping up: "The system launched an incorrect version of 1Password mini. Instead of '~/Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/LoginItems' it started '/Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems'."

When I checked the Finder folder it identified, the conflict it's calling out is the Password mini extension. I don't want to delete or deauthorize that extension because it works great. If I ignore the warning everything seems to work fine, and I don't notice any hiccups.

This has only been happening in the last week, and I'm not sure what has changed. Thanks for any thoughts.

LDP

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@LDP@vertetude I have split your post from the thread in which you posted because in fact your problem is not the same as that referred to in that thread.

The usual reason for the error you mention is that you have more than one copy of 1P on either your main drive or on a drive that is permanently attached to your Mac. If that is the case OS X Yosemite will get in muddle and complain about trying to launch the wrong copy of 1P mini.

In your case I'm a little puzzled by the similarity of the paths mentioned. Is it possible you do have more than one copy of 1P5 on your drive?

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LDP@vertetude,

Stephen_C is correct and, assuming you've posted the error message verbatim, everything hinges on one small character, the tilda ~

If you don't know what that means in a path let me use an example. Say my OS X user account is titled LittleBobbyTables, the ~ translates to the path /Users/LittleBobbyTables.

So when you expand the `~ from above it's saying you have a copy of 1Password in both:

1. /Applications/
    2. /Users/LittleBobbyTables/Applications/

Certain copies of OS X did create an Applications folder in your user account but it never seems to have taken off and I think Apple might have ditched it entirely now. So I think that's what you're looking for and with that second copy removed, followed with a reboot, it should all work out.

Please do let us know how you get along.

This discussion has been closed.