1Password will not support vaults stored in Netdrive [Intentional, as these are accessed via net]

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

I am using netdrive to access many of my cloud storage accounts. Netdrive is able to mount my dropbox account as a physical drive. I setup 1password to access this drive which is where i store my password vault. Any time i try and fill a password or try and open the 1password GUI it hangs for long amounts of time (usually a minute or so). Is this a problem with 1password? or is netdrive to slow accessing my dropbox causing 1password to hang?

Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wasgij6,

Netdrive looks like it just mounts the cloud services as virtual network drives, this won't work for 1Password and we cannot recommend this setup.

1Password is very I/O intensive, it needs the file to be on the local drive, not accessed via network. What you can do is download the folder onto the local drive and move it back to the virtual drive when you're done. Again, we cannot recommend nor support this configuration. The other option is that you can use Dropbox client to selectively sync only the 1Password folder instead while using netdrive for the rest.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Thanks for the very quick response. Thats what i was afraid of but its not to big of a deal to just use the dropbox client.

Thanks again for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! Our chief concern is data loss, since Windows is sometimes less than reliable when it comes to network volumes. Using the Dropbox client will ensure that there's a local copy which can then sync when the connection is available, so the vault itself is never inaccessible to 1Password. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.