1Password extension in Firefox isn't working with my 1Password data [Proxy blocked extension]

kain15885
kain15885
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, my Firefox extension (version 3.9.20) is not syncing with the library I have on Dropbox (on the same PC I use 1Password for Windows Version 1.0.9.342). How can I fix the problem? Thanks

1Password Version: 1.0.9.342
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:firefox extension not syncing with dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kain15885: First, whatever you do, do not delete 1Password or its browser extension. We need to make sure you have all of your data before we do anything else.

Just to clarify, are you missing items in the main 1Password app that are present in the browser extension? If so, please follow the steps in this guide to get 1Password and the extension communicating again:

Troubleshooting the [old] browser extensions

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know the exact steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening as you expect. Also, do you have security software running on your system? It may be blocking communications between 1Password and the extension. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• kain15885
    kain15885
    Community Member

Hi brenty, the troubleshooting worked, thank you very much! Our proxy was blocking the communication :)
    Have a nice day

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015

@kain15885 This is great news! Have you considered upgrading to 1Password 4? If you have purchased your license in 2013 or 2014 then the upgrade to 1Password 4 is free. Simply paste your old license key into 1Password 4, and it should "just work". Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.