1password extension auto-install errors and version number(s)

Options
gare2u
gare2u
Community Member

Safari has been complaining that there is an error installing the extension update. It would appear I had extension 4.4.1 installed. I was able to Uninstall via the Safari > Preferences > Extensions. I went to the Agilebits extensions page and it automatically downloaded the latest labeled as 1Password-4.4.2.safariextz. When I installed it, however, the Safari extensions preference tab showed it to be version 4.4.0. Thought that this was odd so I opted to download the file from the link on the page pointing to an alternate location on Amazon EC2. This filename also indicated the same 4.4.2 version, however, when I installed it, the preference pane showed it to be 4.4.1 !

Anyone else experiencing this?

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.2?
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gare2u,

I'm not able to replicate this at the moment. Can you try the following for us please.

1. Uninstall the 1Password Safari Extension.
    2. Quit Safari.
    3. Launch Safari and then install the 1Password Safari Extension again from our main page at https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

If you're still seeing odd behaviour can you try the above but also throw a reboot of your Mac in after step 2. and before step 3. Both sequences are to ensure any sort of caching isn't interfering which I know it can. Sometimes if I need to downgrade from one version of the extension to another for troubleshooting it simply won't happen unless I quit Safari and sometimes it just doesn't hurt to reboot the Mac if you're seeing inconsistent behaviour.

Obviously if neither helps we'll continue exploring what's going on but I'm hoping what you're experiencing is more a blip than anything else.

• chac3x
    chac3x
    Community Member
    Options

I saw the same behavior as @gare2u, installing 4.4.2 resulted in my getting 4.4.1 back again. Weird. The solution proposed by littlebobbytables worked for me. I had to download 1password 4.4.2, uninstall 4.4.1, then quit and restart safari, then double click the download... this time I did get 4.4.2 installed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chac3x: Just so you don't feel alone in this, I can verify that I had a similar issue in Safari myself last night.

Now, I was in the middle of something else, so I put off dealing with it for a bit. And when I did go to investigate an hour or so later, Safari had indeed installed the extension successfully. So it may have just been a hiccup with the CDN or DNS.

It sounds like you should be all set, but be sure to let us know if the problem persists, as there could be a deeper issue (such as Safari's extension database being corrupt). Cheers! :)

• gare2u
    gare2u
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

It was a busy week. Sorry for the silence.

I did what @littlebobbytables suggested and that worked.

Thanks for all of the feedback. : )

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It sounds like we've got everybody onto the latest version of the extension although we don't seem to be any the wiser as to what caused the glitch. I think we'll take the win :smile:

Should you have this issue again though please do let us know so we can see if we can figure out why.

This discussion has been closed.