How do I move 1Password to the Icon bar at the bottom of my iMac [Resolved]

Options
tom_777
tom_777
Community Member
edited July 2015 in Mac

I have a new credit card account with an Apple purchase and I tried to manually save a login but after I put in the name and password in and opened 1Password at the top I don't see any menu option that says Save new Login. The one at the top says 'Search Title & Fillable URLs' Thanks, Tom Capriotti

1Password Version: 5.03
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

How do I move Password 1 to the Icon Bar at the bottom of my Mac

1Password Version: Not Provided

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @tom_777,

In a Finder window, navigate to the Applications folder. Locate the 1Password icon. Click, hold, and drag it to the desired location into the Dock (the icon bar at the bottom of the screen). 8-)

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @tom_777! We're here to help if you need anything else.

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

What a great idea a picture to go along with a support person instead of a plain message like millions of other businesess

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Aw thanks, @tom_777! We're glad you like that feature of our forums. I do too; I think it helps us bring a bit more humanity and connection to the often-impersonal nature of online communication. It may be a small thing, but hopefully it lets you know that we're people too, and we're listening! :)

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

Are you kidding me I just downloaded the extensions and now when I go to a website to login my username and password are already filled in. Tried it with a credit card and my banking site. Absolutely amazing. Password 1 is worth it just for the time saving on that

1Password Version: Not Provided

• adihaya
    adihaya
    Community Member
    Options

I believe the question here is how to move the 1Password app to the Dock. I'll write these steps to be useful for beginners in both Mac and 1Password. The steps below will work for most users (as long as 1Password is stored in the Applications folder):

1. Open Finder (the bottom-left app with the face in the dock)
    2. Navigate to the "Applications" folder. It should be on the left sidebar.
    3. Scroll through until you see "1Password" or "1Password.app".
    4. Click and drag the 1Password item to the Dock or icon bar at the bottom of the screen. A space should open up making room for your app.
    5. Let go of the mouse/trackpad. You should now see the 1Password icon (a black keyhole embossed in a white/blue circle) in your dock.

That's it! If you need more help, feel free to post more in the forums or google it ("move application to dock"). Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Also, if you have an app running (you can launch it using a Spotlight search — ⌘ Spacebar), you can also right-click/control-click on it and select Options > Keep in Dock. Cheers! :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tom_777,

If you don't have our 1Password Browser Extension installed that would cause the Save new Login menu item not to be present, could that be the cause in your case? I'm going to post a link to our page on Installing browser extensions given that I think this will help. Now the reason you need the Browser Extension is because we don't interact with the web page directly but instead do so by talking to the browser via the extension. It allows us to ask the browser about the web page and hopefully a nice compliant way of interacting (for the purposes of filling).

If that isn't the cause with installing the extension the solution then please do let us know and we'll look into it further but I'm confident that this will help. I'm going to assume you made a typo and that you're running version 5.3 and not 5.0.3 :smile: Anyway, let us know if the extension works for you.

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

I have Browser Extension installed already because other items fill in ok

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it 5.3

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

When I download and click on the download I get a message that says " safari can't install this extension because extensions are disabled you can enable extensions in safari extensions<Preferences When I do that a window comes up with all kinds of different programs Where do I go from here.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tom_777,

A while back a particular Safari update did disable extensions, purposely mind, for everybody so I wonder if this is related at all.

Anyway, it should be easy enough to resolve.

1. Launch Safari and enter Safari's preferences.
    2. Switch to the Extensions tab.
    3. Just below the tab selector bar, on the right hand side you should see a switch which globally disables or enables all of your installed extensions. If it is set to off then simply flicking the switch will re-enable all of your installed extensions, of which it sounds like 1Password for Safari is one.
    4. Just to make sure, then select the 1Password extension from the sidebar on the left and confirm that the Enable 1Password checkbox is also ticked as you can also disable/enable extensions individually as well as globally.

Does that resolve the problem?

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

ok i will try that

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

How long does the download take because it just keeps saying 'is downloading'

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to be working fine now; it might take it a while before a new on fills in Thanks, Tom

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tom_777,

The download shouldn't take long at all. We really should be taking a few seconds with most of that being the initialisation of the download as the extension is only 158KB in size, I wouldn't be surprised if the images on the extension page are larger.

It sounds like things are working though but if you find anything that isn't behaving as it should please do let us know :smile:

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You. When I started looking for another program to store logins and passwords (I have previously used Keeper Security) I first looked at which ones had strong ratings. I noticed that 1Password had a five star rating; I also noticed that it was priced $50 while many others were in the 10-20$ range. I now know why. 1 Password has a superior support program and that alone is worth the price. To have a question and get an answer within an hour is excellent. I have had other support programs across multiple applications who might respond in 1-2 days. The organization and ease of use is also very good. Keep up the good work Thanks, Tom Capriotti

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad we could impress Tom :chuffed: AgileBits does take pride in the customer support it offers. Should you need to contact us again I hope we can impress as well as we did today :smile:

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

I still don't have extensions installed; I keep getting a message that the extension couldn't be installed because extensions are disabled. I don't know what I can do next. When I double click the download a page comes up with a bunch of different apps. Thanks, Tom Capriotti

1Password Version: 5.3

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

This is a followup to a previous question about extensions; I have downloaded the extension for 1Password 8 times and now when I click on any one of them nothing comes up Thanks, Tom Capriotti

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

Each time I downloaded the extension it seems to get 'stuck' and the confirmation message never does come up Thanks, Tom Capriotti P.S. I have to leave by 11:00am EST today and will not return till approx. 1:30-2:00pm

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tom_777,

I hope you don't mind but I've merged your posts into the original thread as they all seem to be related.

So from our previous conversation you should be able to say with confidence that Extensions in Safari's preferences are enabled but yet Safari is saying Extensions aren't enabled, have I got that correct?

Do you get the same results with other extensions? Here is a link to Ghostery, an extension I use and trust myself so I feel comfortable saying you can use it just to test and see if it installs. Obviously feel free to delete afterwards.

If it does install but ours doesn't that's one issue while if it also won't install we're looking at a Safari problem. I'll have to look into this as I haven't come across this before.

Depending on how many extensions you have in Safari we could go through the steps to wipe the Safari extension database completely and see if that helps at all. Normally it's a slightly different issue when I recommend this but it might be worth a shot.

Wiping Safari's extensions

To start make sure Safari is not opened.

Preference plist

1. Open a Finder window and use the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘G to open a Go to the folder window.
    2. Use the following location ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.Extensions.plist and click the Go button.
    3. Drag the highlighted file to your Trash.

Extension files

1. Like above, open a Finder window and use the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘G to open a Go to the folder window.
    2. Use the following location ~/Library/Safari/Extensions/ and click the Go button.
    3. Drag the highlighted folder to your Trash.

Safari Extensions List

1. Launch Keychain Access which you can find in /Applications/Utilities/.
    2. Search on the word safari and you should have 3 entries in the results.
    3. You want to right click on Safari Extensions List and select the Delete "Safari Extensions List" option.

After all of that reboot your Mac and you'll need to go through the steps of installing your extensions again. With a little luck whatever got messed up was in there and the 1Password extension will now properly load

Let us know how you get along.

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

I tried Ghostery and I still get the same message that extensions need to be enabled because they are not

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

I also don not have any other extensions other than trying to install 1Password

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

Still no luck. In an earlier message someone told me to switch from off to on which I did. Then to select the 1Password extension from the sidebar on the left and confirm that the Enable 1Password checkbox is also ticked. How do I get to the sidebar on the left to confirm

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

Also I now have 10 downloads of the 1Password extension How can I delete all those without causing any problems?

• tom_777
    tom_777
    Community Member
    Options

Isn;t there another download and install link from somewhere that would make this easier

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @tom_777,

In order to help you get 1Password (and its browser extension) up and running sooner rather than later, I think our best bet at this point will be to have a look at a Diagnostics Report. Here's how to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Please go ahead and follow those instructions, and attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you, and we'll continue the conversation via email. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.