Need Help re Auto login using 1Password for Ipad

ArtGirl
edited April 2011 in iOS
I've had a great experience with 1password for the mac; it opens websites and logs in automatically for me, which is what I want it to do. But I can't seem to make this happen using 1Password on the iPAD. The program simply takes me to the webiste but it won't enter my user information and then auto log me in. What am I doing wrong? If I have to go and write all this down and enter passwords and user names manually, I may as well not be using the program. Suggestions?

Comments

• graham2010
    graham2010
    Community Member
    Glad to hear someone else is having the same problem. Installed 1p for iPad today and I also find that I get no auto logons at all. The reply herensuggests that the app will not work as it should on an iPad.
    Well, wish I'd known that before I bought it.
    BTW I am using safari from within the app. It would be very useful if it did work as intended.
  • graham2010
    graham2010
    Community Member
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the reply, I will try to get it working.
  • Hello,

I too am having problems with AutoFill on the iPad. I just recently got up and running with 1Password 3.5.9 (build 30884) on my iMac, and it works great! I use Dropbox to sync to the 1Password app on my iPad. Most of my logins seem to work on the iPad in the 1Password browser (AutoFill, not AutoSubmit which I understand isn't currently supported). However, no joy on the iPad from website https://webbroker.tdwaterhouse.ca/ - no login data is auto-filled. My login has the following fields: ConnectID, rememberConnectIDBox, and Password, which was created on my iMac by filling in the fields and doing a "Save Login" under the 1P icon in Safari, then synced to the iPad via Dropbox. I've tried changing ConnectID to LoginClient as was suggested on another thread, but still no joy.

Thanks. Great product so far.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, scadieux, and thank you for the kind words! :-)

You have certainly done everything "by the book" so far. It sounds like you really know what you are doing. I have similar trouble when saving the login in Safari. However, if I manually save the login using our Chrome extension — which is using our very latest code — it should work on your iPad. The results I saw were that a login saved for that site in Chrome would work on my iPad but the one saved in Safari (or Firefox) would not.

The good news is that the site does work well in Chrome which is making use of our very latest form filling code, so we do have a "fix," but I do not currently have a time frame for when it will be ported to our Safari/Firefox extensions. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though. :-)

You could also give the 1Password extension in Google Chrome a try if you were interested in an immediate solution. I'd love to know how it goes if you do.
  • Hi khad,

I downloaded Google Chrome and installed it on my iMac, then installed the 1Password extension for it. I deleted the old login for this website, then saved a new one. Then over on my iPad...it worked!

Thanks for the help. If I encounter other websites like this, I'll do the same thing - it's an acceptable solution for now.

Cheers.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I do apologize for the awkward run-around here, but I am very pleased to know that it is working for you now! Thanks for letting me know. :-)

Hopefully we will get that code ported to the Safari/Firefox extensions before too long.

Best regards,
  • Hey it has been a year since this original post and I was wondering if 1password is any closer to integrating with safari on the iPad? Also there is now a chrome app for the iPad so I was wondering about utilizing this as well.

Thanks

Neil
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the forums, Neil! I'm sorry if there was any confusion from the above discussion about desktop browsers.

Unfortunately, 1Password for iOS cannot be integrated with Mobile Safari or other mobile browsers. Although 1Password can integrate with web browsers on your Mac and PC,
 Apple's rules regarding browsers in iOS state that they are not extendable with plug-ins such as 1Password.

Instead, to make logging in to websites in iOS as simple as possible, we have built a browser right into the 1Password iOS app that you can use to fill your Logins on the go!

You can learn more about logging into sites with 1Password for iOS in our User Guide for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
This discussion has been closed.