sync issue with dropbox

Options
shaunnybaba
shaunnybaba
Community Member
edited July 2015 in Mac

I restored my Mac 2 days ago with a complete new version of Yosemite (10.10.4) and completely erased the hard drive, so it was basically back to factory. Dropbox is up and running, and the folder 1Password.agilekeychain is in place. Dropbox sync with 1Password works on iPad and iPhone as usual, which makes sense since nothing in DropBox has changed. 1Password on the Mac was synced with 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox. However, the Mac acts as though the folder is empty. None of the 200+ logins show up on the Mac version, and changes made to 1Password on the Mac (e.g. adding a test login) show up as new logins, so there are now only 2 in there.

Please help, as this is terribly frustrating

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.3.2 (532001)
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync with dropbox not working

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shaunnybaba,

Can you do something for us please, can you try logging into your Dropbox account via their website (https://www.dropbox.com). In the top right hand corner you will see a search field, can you type agilekeychain in there for me please and see what is returned. I half expect to see two results, possibly both titled 1Password.agilekeychain but they will be in different directories.

If this is the case what we'll do is we'll disable Dropbox sync on your Mac, telling 1Password to delete the additional Agile Keychain in the process and then have it merge with the real Agile Keychain.

If you could let us know the results of that (including paths if possible) and we'll set out the steps for what to do :smile:

• shaunnybaba
    shaunnybaba
    Community Member
    Options

Just the one: it's in a folder called 1Password. However...

I discovered I have 2 vaults in my iOS devices: Primary and 1Dropbox. They are both set to sync with Dropbox, but Primary has my logins. I synced that one and merged it with Dropbox when prompted. I removed the 1Password vault so that only Primary remains. All is well. What a pain in the butt!

Thanks for your help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shaunnybaba,

So that wasn't the scenario I was guessing at but it sounds like my post helped nudge you to the real issue. I'm glad you've been able to get it all sorted and it does sound like all is well now. If you do have any further questions or issues though please do post back here :smile:

This discussion has been closed.