System Keyboard input Stops soon after 1Password loads

Options
pacrat52
pacrat52
Community Member

For the past several months keyboard input would randomly stop working system-wide. The Tab key worked, and the cursor mouse/touchpad clicks worked, but no other keyboard entry worked until after a log-out or restart. I finally noticed a pattern: the past four times it has happened was within a few minutes of launching the 1Password app. I have a 13" Retina MacBookPro (8GB) running Yosemite 10.10.4. I have no idea if 1Password is really involved, but it seems more than a coincidence that the last four times were minutes after launch. I usually have Safari, BBEdit and the final MS Word 2016 beta loaded when this happens. Any known interaction between these? Very frustrating! Thanks for listening... Joe (An Apple Genius a few weeks ago (before I noticed this pattern) suggested I wipe my hard drive and reinstall the System and all apps from scratch. May have to...) Also, it does not appear to be easily replicable. I've had 1 Password open while writing this, but it is just after a restart - maybe a low memory condition after the System being in heavy use for days?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pacrat52,

What I'd like you to do for us please is recreate the issue (that bit doesn't seem very hard) and then create a diagnostic report for us please. I'm mostly interested in seeing if the system log tells us anything. To help, can you make a note of roughly when the issue first starts when you reproduce as we'll be using timestamps to narrow down the search. I'm certainly not aware of a general-wide issue so I'm kind of leaning towards something specific being wrong on your system. Do you have a spare external disk at all? I ask as one of the neat things about OS X is you can easily install it on an external drive and boot from that. What it would allow you to do is test and see if a fresh install would help without the pain of going through it on the internal drive unless there is a good reason to do so. That's for later though, let's see if a diagnostic report sheds any light.

I would like you to create the following Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• pacrat52
    pacrat52
    Community Member
    Options

I have submitted a diagnostic report: For your reference, your support ID is [#IUI-18797-175]

Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pacrat52,

We received your Diagnostics Report, thanks for sending it! Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: IUI-18797-175

This discussion has been closed.