Migrate "Keychain Access ver.9" files into 1Password ver.5 for Mac?

Mary Jo
Mary Jo
Community Member

Wish to migrate Keychain Access ver.9 ,MacBook Air ver. 10.10.4, files into "1Password ver.5 for Mac" or "1Password Manager & Secure Wallet" ? From your discussions, this seems to be a rather formidable Mac exercise !

Which of the two above products "for the Mac" do you recommend ?

I have 1Password 4 for iPads- had to manually input this data. Can this data be synced via WiFi or Mac iCloud to a 1Password ver.5 for Mac?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Migrate "Keychain Access ver.9,MacBook Air, files into 1Password ver.5 or 1Password Manager & Secure Wallet. Have !Password 4 for iPads- manually input data.

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Mary Jo,

The information in the OS X Keychain or iCould Keychain must first be exported into text file. That text file can then be converted into a format that 1Password can import.

This conversion utility will walk you through the process. Read the information in the first post, and follow the directions there.

Feel free to ask more questions if you need some additional help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mary Jo ,

Which of the two above products "for the Mac" do you recommend ?

You mention that you're interested in using iCloud to sync your 1Password data from your Mac to your iOS devices. Then you'll want to purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store. (Currently, only apps sold directly from the Mac App Store are able to support iCloud sync.)

I hope this helps make your purchase decision simpler!

I have 1Password 4 for iPads- had to manually input this data. Can this data be synced via WiFi or Mac iCloud to a 1Password ver.5 for Mac?

1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS can be kept in sync using either Wi-Fi sync or iCloud. The links will provide you instructions on how to set each up. Of course, if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.