Message Center "Using the 1Password Extension" is always shown in English [Fixed in 5.5 beta 26]

face
face
Community Member
edited July 2015 in iOS

In center message:
1) translation Using 1P Extension not comes up (at least in italian translation)
2) i've some web links issues
for example:
let us know in our forums
In italian translation:
fatecelo sapere nei nostri forum.
the phrase [fatecelo sapere nei nostri forum] not appears web linked

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to write to us, @face :+1:

1) translation Using 1P Extension not comes up (at least in italian translation)

Do you see other Messages Center messages translated? Is the "Using the 1Password Extension" message the only one not being translated? If so, it means that there may be a typo in the translation. For example, there could be an extra space between a ] and a (. Please make sure that message does not have any typos in Crowdin and keep an eye out for the updated translations release note in upcoming betas.

2) i've some web links issues
    for example:
    let us know in our forums
    In italian translation:
    fatecelo sapere nei nostri forum.
    the phrase [fatecelo sapere nei nostri forum] not appears web linked

This is likely to be cause by the typo that I mentioned above (xtra space between a ] and a (). Please make sure that you don't have any accidental formatting issues in the tranlsations.

Hope that this helps :wink:

• face
    face
    Community Member

Yes only "Using the 1P Extension" is affected.
    I've found a typo: one space between ] and ( and i've fixed it.
    Let's see if it works now ... finger crossed. :)
    Thanks !

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

That is great news, @face! Thanks for being so quick in fixing the typo :+1:

I just logged in to Crowdin and I noticed the change you made. BTW, I also noticed the same issue on on other messages too.

While I was testing this I discovered a bug on our end (OPI-2860) with the "Using the 1Password Extension". We will fix it here and we'll push it again (the same wording with different formatting) to Crowdin. Once we'll push the new, all you need to do is to re-apply the same translation and re-approve it.

Best,

ref:OPI-2860

• face
    face
    Community Member

@Rad
    Thanks.
    Unfortunately in the just released update all the issues are still there.
    Using the 1Password Extension appears always in English and also the other 2 strings in Message Center have the linked phrases broken.
    May you please double check that ?
    Thanks

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @face,

We did fix the bug on our side and pushed new strings to Crowdin. The problem is indeed still present in 5.5 beta 25 and will still be there until we update (pull) the translations. Please keep an eye out of the updated translations release note :smiley:

Once again, thanks so much for testing :+1:

Cheers!

• face
    face
    Community Member

@Rad
    Thanks a bunch! Now it works like a charm. :)

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @face!

Thanks so much for confirming the it all works now :+1:

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.