Too Early? [No new 1Password version or pricing to announce]

rmh
rmh
Community Member
edited July 2015 in Mac

Hi, I would like to buy 1P, but don't want to be caught out by the near release of "El Capitain" & the subsequent 1P upgrade charge, Should I wait?
Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgrades

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rmh: Ultimately that's only a question you can answer for yourself, but I'll do my best to provide some guidance if I can.

Now, 1Password 5 will be supported on 10.11. It (10.11) isn't ready yet, so there are a few issues there with 1Password and other apps, but that's more a matter of when to upgrade. Personally, I'm going to wait until the thing is cooked. ;)

In regard to upgrade pricing, we generally have a large window where we give free upgrades to customers who have purchased recently. The problem with me going into more detail is that you're asking about a product which does not (yet?) exist, so I can't give you a timeframe on a release or upgrade policy for it as such.

That said, we do try to be generous in that regard. And in the worst case scenario, you get to use 1Password in the mean time (and indefinitely, as your license doesn't expire), and then get a substantial discount on the next version, should you choose to upgrade and happen to fall outside of the free timeframe.

I know it's not the definitive answer you're looking for, but such an answer, at this point, would be pure speculation, and I wouldn't want to tell you anything that might change in the future. I hope this helps! :)

• rmh
    rmh
    Community Member

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! Just let us know if you have any other questions. And thanks for your interest! :)

This discussion has been closed.