launching safari from 1password does not fill in username/password in safari

max123123123
max123123123
Community Member

i open 1 password, select a login, click on the link. The appropriate page opens, but username/password does not fill in. I have to click on the browser extension, this fills in the details and proceeds to the next page.

worked like a charm before, suddenly not anymore.

osx 10.8.5
safari 6.2.7
1Password
Version 4.4.2 (442010)
Mac App Store

tried macbook restart, browser restart. reinstalled the latest browser extension.
safari is latest version for 10.8.5
1password says no update available.

please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @max123123123,

We do have a bug recorded where we've broken go and fill in 1Password 4 for Mac when used with the latest browser extension. It seems we broke something in version 4.4.0 of the extension and didn't pick up on its impact in the older version of 1Password.

Depending on how important open and fill is for you there is one of two options.

1. Wait for a fix to be released in the browser extension. Filling still works, it's just open and fill that is broken at the moment.
    2. If waiting just doesn't feel like an acceptable option, which I can understand, then the alternative would be to revert to an older version of the extension. It would mean turning automatic updates for extensions off though in Safari, otherwise it will simply download the newest again.

If 2. is your preferred option then here is what would be needed.

1. Uninstall the 1Password Safari Extension.
    2. Quit Safari.
    3. Launch Safari.
    4. Disable automatic updates of extensions, you should find the checkbox in the Updates section of the Extensions tab in Safari's preferences.
    5. Install version 4.3.1 of the 1Password Safari Extension which you can find here.

This should only be a stopgap measure though while we get this resolved. It all depends on how much you relied on open and fill. If you have any questions or thoughts, please do let us know :smile:

ref: OPX-1022

• max123123123
    max123123123
    Community Member

Thanks. This worked.

Now I have disabled extension updates just because of the 1Password Extension. This is a security risk.
    Please work on the fix and post HERE when a fixes extension is available.

Will you do that please?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I will certainly make a note to do so @max123123123 as I do understand that updates are a very good thing indeed. Just to say, while automatic updating might be temporarily disabled, if you every so often check the Updates section where you disabled automatic updates you can review a list of available updates and manually select those you wish to install. Again, not ideal as who of us doesn't prefer when the machine does it automatically (I know my memory can be rubbish at times) but at least if there is an update that you can see and want to download it is, I think, just a single click away. I know, it isn't ideal at all and I hope we get this resolved.

This discussion has been closed.