Changing Login shortcut after each update [Assigned shortcut included a common key]

Options
jwinger7
jwinger7
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Is there a way to correct this? Not a big deal, but it would be on my wish list :)

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: synology cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Every time there is an update my 'login keyboard shortcut' is reset to default.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jwinger7,

It shouldn't be doing this in the first place, we do not touch your settings during any updates.

Can you tell me which shortcut you were using and if your system has a non-English keyboard locale?

• jwinger7
    jwinger7
    Community Member
    Options

My shortcut was L-Ctrl + L-arrow, always resets to Ctrl+Num 4
    English only Keyboard. Thank you Mike

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jwinger7,

That's an unusual shortcut, we don't have any code related to Control + 4. The default shortcut is Control + \, so it isn't resetting to the default shortcut.

Was Control + 4 your previous shortcut?

• jwinger7
    jwinger7
    Community Member
    Options

Not that I am aware of. It resets the same across both of my computers. Maybe it is an issue on how synology syncs my database?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jwinger7,

Can you explain more, how are you syncing your 1Password database with Synology? Is it syncing your 1Password directory or just your 1Password.agilekeychain folder? The settings aren't stored in your 1Password.agilekeychain folder.

• jwinger7
    jwinger7
    Community Member
    Options

Not syncing local install directory. Just 1Password.agilekeychain vault/folder.

Thanks for looking into this. Never experienced support being so responsive.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jwinger7,

We believe customer service is just as important as the product.

Can you email us your diagnostic report, it will list your settings and registry entries, it should give us an idea of what's going on. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• jwinger7
    jwinger7
    Community Member
    Options

I think I see what is going on. When I select the shortcut Ctrl+left arrow in the preferences menu it registers as 'Ctrl+left' in the correct field. If I exit the preferences menu and then open it again- the field now has been changed to 'Ctrl+Num 4'. After looking at a few keyboards i realized that many use the numpad in leu of arrow keys. For example my 4 has a left arrow, 6 has a right arrow etc. I think it is getting crossed up because these keys are interchangeable, or perhaps it is due to my numlock being on/off... I'll pay more attention and let you know when it happens next. I guess the simple solution would be to use a different shortcut!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jwinger7,

Ah, that makes sense, the keyboard has two identical keys that is getting mixed up when trying to parse it from our settings.

Yes, I would go with your suggestion of a different shortcut.

This discussion has been closed.