Existing vault will no longer allow sync with Dropbox

Options
themize
themize
Community Member

I have had 1Password (Apple app store version) on my Mac for a while, and until today it has been syncing accurately with Dropbox.
Some recent changes on my computer resulted in 1Password giving me a popup about needing to update syncing, I don't remember the wording exactly.

Now when I go to Preferences, under Sync, the selection currently displays "None". If I select "Dropbox" and select my agilekeychain file from my Dropbox folder, I get the message "1Password found existing data in Dropbox. It will be merged with your current vault." But when I select the "Merge with Existing" button, nothing happens: the dialog box is still open, my changes haven't been saved, and the only way to exit the dialog (or even exit 1Password) is to select cancel.

I have this same vault synced with multiple other computers (on the same 1Password version and OS version) and it is syncing with no issues.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @themize,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Dropbox sync on your Mac!

What type of changes did you make on your Mac before this happened? Have you rebooted it at all since making these changes? If not, go ahead and try rebooting and see if that helps.

Otherwise, I think a Diagnostics Report would help us see what might be happening. Here's how to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• themize
    themize
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID number [#NUR-88447-179]

• peri
    Options

Hey @themize. I've located your Diagnostics Report and just replied to you. Please take a look at my response and we can continue the conversation via email. Thanks!
    ref: NUR-88447-179

This discussion has been closed.