Inadvertently updated to version 5.3.2 from the Agilebits website but have the Apple store version.

glowry
glowry
Community Member

I inadvertently updated from version 5.3 to version 5.3.2 from the Agilebits website. However, I have the Apple store version of 5. The App store never notified me about an update. What do I do now to get the 5.3.2 Apple store app version back on so that I can use iCloud to sync?

It's also is using an old version of my 1Password data files.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @glowry,

No worries, we can help you with that. Check our this article in our knowledgebase for how to switch back to the Mac App Store version.

It's also is using an old version of my 1Password data files.

Let's see if following the switching instructions helps this issue, and if not, we'll look into it further. We look forward to hearing how this goes for you! :)

• glowry
    glowry
    Community Member

Hi Vee,

Thanks for help. That fixed it. I guess the Apple app updates are automatic and the version 5.3.3 is just for the website version?

• On behalf of Vee, you're welcome! Glad to hear that fixed it. :)

The two latest updates (5.3.1/5.3.2) have been for the website version only. We normally keep the two versions on the same schedule, but the last two updates have included changes that only apply to the website version. These changes were related to purchasing/licensing 1Password, which does not apply to the Mac App Store version, since purchasing/licensing is managed by the Mac App Store.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.