Development for Windows 8.1 users after the shift to Windows 10

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am asking that as the last major update to Windows Phone actually took, believe it!, 6 months to appear on my Lumia. I would not want to be caught in a bind where 1Password for Win Modern has moved forward but my Lumia cannot. Thanks.

Comments

• As much as we would love to move to Windows 10 and simply forget about some Windows 8.1 pain points - we do understand that migration will take real amount of time. And we also use Windows 8.1 phones over here too! We will try to keep Windows 8.1 support at minimum level, the packages for Windows 8.1 are going to stay in the store along with packages for Windows 10. However, we can not promise that Windows 8.1 version will receive all the goodies that are coming to Windows 10, sometimes it's just not possible (for example in Windows 8.1 Phone there is no API to copy data to clipboard, but in Windows 10 it's available).

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks @SergeyTheAgile, I like to keep myself current even if my Lumia is relegated to 3rd place! It's just a spare now. I keep it current with the security updates.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That's always a good practice, @wkleem.

This discussion has been closed.