I need to change my master password. I cannot find the properties.

JackieJones
JackieJones
Community Member

I need to change my password. I cannot find the properties.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need to change my master password. I cannot find the properties.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Before we go any further please tell us:

• What version of 1P for Mac you are using
    • Whether you sync your 1P data to any other device and if so to what device
    • If relevant, what sync method you use to sync your 1P data (Dropbox, iCloud or wifi)

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JackieJones,

In 1Password 5 for Mac you can change your Master Password in 1Password's preferences, specifically the Security tab. If your query is more intricate than that then the answers to Stephen_C's questions as well as an understand (for us) on why you're wanting to change your Master Password might help ensure we supply the best advice we can :smile:

• JackieJones
    JackieJones
    Community Member

I just downloaded 1password from the Mac store, so I assume it is v5. I want to use it on my Mac, iPhone and iPad. I have not gotten far enough to synch yet.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

@JackieJones - Read this from the documents, if you are asking how to start syncing your data:

Sync with iCloud

More generally, be sure you bookmark the AgileBits Support site. It will answer most of your questions.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JackieJones: Indeed! And as you acclimate yourself to 1Password, be sure to ask any other questions that might arise. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.