Can I gift my $10 coupon?

Options
cjbulow
cjbulow
Community Member

That's it really; would like to send this to a friend to start them off using 1PW. Will that work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cjbulow,

You certainly can! The basic idea is that you'll get one $10 coupon. If you want to share that with a deserving friend, you're welcome to do so, but each coupon can only be used once.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan -- appreciated.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:chuffed::+1:

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

I'm unsure (as this is on the Windows Phone Store and I don't have a Windows phone) whether the 1PW app there is even charged for? Could you confirm? Thanks. It's for a Windows Phone running 8.1 as his model hasn't upgraded yet.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cjbulow ,

The current 1Password for Windows Modern app is in Alpha testing. So far it's a free download, as we're hoping to get some good testing eyes on it while we work to finish it up. :)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, thanks @Megan — we will try it out :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cjbulow: Just be aware that we really mean "alpha" when we say "alpha". We're happy to have you and your friends aboard, so long as you're not expecting a finished product. You can find more information — including signup, setup, and support info — in the Windows Modern Alpha category of the forums:

Join the 1Password for Windows Modern alpha team!

Cheers! :)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Understood @brenty — I'll handle support for my son (if it comes to that) :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options

@cjbulow: Oh, sorry — I didn't mean it like that! We're here for you! I just don't want anyone to get in over their head (or anyone else's!) unknowingly. Cheers! ;)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

No, mine wasn't a snark; sorry if it sounded like that! I hear you on the state of the alpha, worry not :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.