! Password is the best but beware of paying via PayPal

Reverend Wally
Reverend Wally
Community Member
Warning about PayPal
I am in the middle of a dispute with PayPal. Agile has been really great and found I did not need to pay the 39.99 for 1 Password 3, and has tried to refund the money, but PayPal is playing games with me. Maybe they want to drive me nuts so I will just forget it all .... but that is very unlikely to happen. I am very persistent.

Just be careful when doing business using PayPal.

Comments

• Reverend Wally
    Reverend Wally
    Community Member
    I have an eBay seller account, and use PayPal as payment processor for that. I have had a few issues in the past with them doing wierd stuff. It just makes me a little irritated to have to go through a bunch of crud every now and then.
  • Reverend Wally
    Reverend Wally
    Community Member
    Finally ... PayPal got it straightened out. I am sure Agile's staff, as usual, went above and beyond.

Thanks, guys/gals.
  • jesseali
    jesseali
    Community Member
    edited August 2011
    Hello, I just upgraded my 1password 3 for mac personal to the combo windows and mac family pack. I did this to use FOR MYSELF on multiple computers. Then I found out that I can do this without the family pack. I would like to get a refund and change upgrade to the PC/MAC single user license.

I find it really strange that you make me give this private information in the forum and have quit email support.
    Anyway, there it is... I would appreciate it if you could change/refund my purchase. If the paypal refund could be a problem, I would be open to just grabbing text expander or maybe nox instead of the refund.

Jesse
  • Hi Jesse,

I've sent you a private message. Please check for it. Also we do still respond to email requests via support@agilebits.com however we're backlogged and responses are taking longer than normal, so we suggest the forums for non-sensitive issues. I don't see how your order # could be used against you, but just in case I've removed it from your post.

Thanks!
    Ben
  • F451
    F451
    Community Member
    brenty wrote:

I have not had trouble with PayPal myself, but there are a lot of horror stories out there of people getting their accounts frozen, sometimes permanently.

I hope you never do as they are a walled-garden like the App Store. Loved it one time when they kept repeatedly charging me for an eBay item that I had already paid for because of a glitch in their system. Like clockwork, I kept receiving emails that my payment was process until it added-up to an astronomical sum of money. Resolved only after over four hours on the telephone, only to have it start recurring the very next day. When you contact PayPal they will cease speaking with you if you say the "wrong" things (that actually have a list, and expletives is on it)! You have to escalate matters to get anywhere...good luck.
This discussion has been closed.