Phone credential category missing

mlbker
mlbker
Community Member

Hey guys, first i want to say i really enjoy your app for my iphone. But unfortunately i just want to safe credentials for a new mobile account. I'm not sure which category i have to choose and which is the best for saving my pin/ puk number e.g. Aktually i haven't a category that suit with my requesition. Would be great if there would be an own category in future ;-)
regards
Michael

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Assuming you aren't planning to use that information directly from 1Password to log in to a web site, if I were wanting to record something like that, I would put it in a Secure Note. In fact, I have done exactly that for myself.

If you need to log in to a web site to manage your phone account, the extra information also could be put in the Notes field of a Login record.

Those are a couple of ideas. Other may have taken a different approach.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mlbker: Indeed, the primary purpose of categories is to have templates set up which allows the information therein to be used directly (such as filling logins, identities, etc.), but when it comes to information you simply need for reference, the best category to use is the one you will remember. ;)

Now, I tend to use Secure Notes as a catch-all most of the time, since a note can contain any information you want it to. But there are also good exceptions based on personal preference: for example, I have my iPhone device passcode saved in a Login item (along with other device-specific information), simply to make it easy for my wife to find it, should she need to access my iPhone for some reason (especially after a restart, when the passcode is required before Touch ID can be used).

I hope this helps. It's mainly just guidance that you can take and decide what works best for you, since you only really need to have information formatted a specific way in 1Password if you want 1Password to be able to do something with it for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.