Fingerprint sensor iPhone - iOS configuration info on agilebits is out of date

elasticmedia
elasticmedia
Community Member

On the Touch ID FAQs (1Password for iOS) page:

The FAQ for 1password iOS had a great explanation of why sometimes the fingerprint sensor unlocks the phone and sometimes it doesn't. It shows how to configure the phone settings to control this. Unfortunately the information and the graphics are invalid. There is no longer those icons on the bottom of the settings area, so I never found the security tab. When I looked at the only 1Password area that I found within the settings, it only had two options: allowing access to background apps and use cellular data.

_**Why am I only asked for my fingerprint sometimes, and not each time I open 1Password?

By default, your vault will remain freely accessible for some amount of time after you unlock it (either with Touch ID or your Master Password). If you’d like, you can instruct 1Password to lock your vault each time you leave the app. Simply go to the Security tab in 1Password’s Settings and enable Lock on Exit.

You can also adjust how long 1Password waits before asking you to use Touch ID again. Just change the Auto-Lock setting in the same section. For more information, see the User Guide:**_

Comments

• Hi @elasticmedia,

Sorry for the confusion, the settings in question are within the 1Password app itself. They aren't in the settings app.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.