my 1password will sync with my lap top airbook but not with my desk top mac? says offline?

jodinolen
jodinolen
Community Member

My imac does not sync with my phone. Can it only sync with one device? it will syne with my airbook. when I go to my imac it says offline? how do I sync using wifi?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.10.4 yosemite
Sync Type: wi fi? hopefully
Referrer: forum-search:my 1password will sync with my lap top airbook but not with my desk top mac? says offline?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jodinolen ,

Thanks so much for including your desktop version information here. I'd love to know which version of 1Password you're using on your iOS devices, and which version of iOS you're using as well.

It's important to note that Wi-Fi sync was completely re-written between version 3 and version 4, so if you're using a later version of 1Password on your iOS devices, you won't be able to sync to 1Password 3 on your Mac via Wi-Fi.

Now, I took a look in our back office records using the email address attached to your forum profile, and it appears that you have a license for 1Password 5. Is there a reason that you're still using version 3? Just in case, I'm re-sending the license details to the email address on file. If you'd like some help updating to 1Password 5 (which includes a greatly improved Wi-Fi sync), please let us know!

ref: 530257

This discussion has been closed.