1Password extensions only work with the regular desktop version of 1Password, not Windows Store app

kenatron
kenatron
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have installed the chrome extension for 1Password but I cannot seem to get the 1Password Helper to connect.
The internet is all connected and i have added (i think) all the ports to windows firewall exclusions.
i run windows defender, windows firewall and malwarebytes.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:configure-windows-firewall-proxy, kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:configure-windows-firewall-proxy

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kenatron,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Could you let me know the following version numbers?

We'll start with the basics. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kenatron: Also, it isn't clear from your post which 'flavour' of Malwarebytes you're running. It may be that it is also blocking communication between 1Password and the extension. Any additional information you can provide about what you've already tried and your setup may help us get this resolved for you. Thanks in advance! :)

• kenatron
    kenatron
    Community Member

Hi Khad / Brenty,

Sorry for only getting back to you now as I greatly appreciate the help you have both offered.

• 1Password Alpha
    • 1Password Extension Version = 4.4.2.90
    • Chrome Version = 44.0.2403.125 m

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is version 2.1.8.1057

Hope this helps.

Thanks

• @kenatron - Please don't use use the 1Password Alpha app, as there is a full 1Password for Windows app that you can download from here. This one should work fine for you.

• kenatron
    kenatron
    Community Member

Thanks Laura, all working now :)

• @kenatron - That's great - thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.