Dropbox sync issue (version 0 of the API is not supported)

Options
Jasper
edited August 2015 in iOS
This discussion was created from comments split from: Syncing with Dropbox between Mac and iPhone.

Comments

• jhmusic
    jhmusic
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having sync issues using Dropbox between my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.4) and my Mac. I'm getting the following error message:
    "error = "version 0 of the PI is not supported". Suggestions?

• Hi @jhmusic,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us! Sorry to hear about the trouble.

It sounds like you're using 1Password 3 on your iPhone. Dropbox has discontinued the API that 1Password 3 for iOS uses, so unfortunately it is no longer able to sync with Dropbox.

Our latest version, 1Password 5 for iOS, has the latest Dropbox API built-in. You can download 1Password 5 here: https://1pw.ca/1PASfo

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

(I've split your comment into a new discussion since it's a different issue.)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

ps.

Please note that version 5, is now a free download.

There are a set of features that may or may not apply to you. Those features are a paid upgrade to the initial app and are not mandatory. More information can be found here. https://support.1password.com/pro-features-faq/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jhmusic: Indeed! If you're running iOS 8.4, you'll really benefit from the improvements we've made in 1Password 5 (not to mention version 4 before it). Just be sure to keep 1Password version 3 installed until you've successfully migrated your data to the new version, and you should be all set. But we're here to help if you have any other questions! :)

• jhmusic
    jhmusic
    Community Member
    Options

Jasper and Brent: thanks for the tip; never occurred to me to check the 1PW version when I upgraded to the iPhone 6. I upgraded to 1PW5 through the app store and it now syncs and all is back to normal.

• You're welcome! :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.