Crash on Windows Phone

macros
macros
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Finally had a chance to update to Release 8 so I could get all my systems back on 1Password together. Installed on my Windows 10 desktop and things seem to run just fine (moving everything from DropBox to OneDrive). Still have to try on my tablet, but my Windows Phone seemed to have a problem.

On attachment to my vault, the top of the screen would show syncing. It would run for quite a while then just crash back to my start screen. This happened three times in a row. The first time, I had to locate the vault. The next two had me log on to the vault (seemed to remember what it was connected to) but the same thing happened, syncing then crash. On my fourth attempt, it fully opened for me and showed the contents of my vault. Thought I would let you guys know in case it matters. I have the two crash files if they would be helpful.

Also, the app doesn't automatically seem to lock when my phone is locked. I've gone back in a few times in a row and the app is still open after I get through my lock screen. Not sure if this is intentional, but the old version seemed to be aware and lock on its own.

1Password Version: 1.15.7.290
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 8.10.14234.375 (Lumia 830 - Denim Update)
Sync Type: OneDrive

Comments

• @macros yes, this sounds not right, we should not crash like that. If you can, please forward these crash reports to us, we can investigate and fix.

The locking is still the same as before, it is controlled by Auto lock after setting.

• macros
    macros
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile how would you like me to forward the crash log? Is there an email address I should use?

The locking issue happens often. But funny enough, when I went in and saved off the crash files to OneDrive, the app locked and I needed to log in again after each crash log was saved. I'll reboot the phone today and see if it changes.

Thanks for your help

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You can send the log files as attachments to an e-mail message to support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com.

Thanks for your help, @macros!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@macros: Thanks! I see we've received it, so we can continue the conversation via email. We'll take a look at the logs and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: ZYM-77947-749

• macros
    macros
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile - In reference to the auto lock issue, this is now reproducible on my Windows 8.1 (RT) tablet. It seems like the application is not locking correctly. After a reinstall to fix the "Grey Screen Issue", I launched 1Password, signed in and added my vault. All well and good. But if I close the app (swipe down from the top of the screen) and then reopen a little later... it's already unlocked. I put my tablet to sleep and then went back in and opened 1Password, still unlocked. I found that even after trying to close the app (again by swiping from the top of the screen down) it still runs in the background (viewable in task manager on the desktop). I've only been able to get it to lock again by "Ending Task" on the app and then reopening it. I can only assume this isn't intended. Especially that the unlock survived putting my device to sleep too. (This mimics the behavior I have on my phone that I mentioned earlier in the thread.)

Thanks guys, don't really mean to bug you so much on the weekend, but it's my only time to really play around.

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited August 2015

@macros thanks for taking time to bug us, believe it or not, we love it :)

Autolock on Windows is a bit tricky thing, the way apps are run is different from the way they are run on other platforms, including Windows Desktop. Basically app receive only one Suspending message when you swipe it down (I miss that in Windows 10), when you use X button to close window or when you press Alt+F4. Even when you simply switch to another app and wait for 10 seconds, you may see in Task Manager that app is switching from running to suspended state. After that we receive no message whether app will live or die, Windows can activate us or it can terminate us. The unlocked app must have encryption key in memory, for the security reasons we do not store this key anywhere in file system, we keep it in RAM only. When app is terminated by the system - we lose key and app is considered locked. When app is reactivated from suspension, we check how long we slept and we remove key if it was more than specified in settings. On low memory devices or phones, system terminate process more often than on tablet or laptop.

What is your "Auto lock after" setting?

P.S. On Windows 8/8.1 you can swipe down to hide app, put it to sleep, but if you want truly terminate process just hold your finger at the bottom till you see app window flips (1 or 2 sec). This will remove process from memory for sure. This trick doesn't work on Windows 10 though.

This discussion has been closed.