Using the same 1password vault with a different user account on the same computer

Options

I have 1 password on my windows computer and it is working very well under my user account. But I am not able to set up 1 password on my wifes user account on the same computer. When I open 1 password under my wifes user account I select that I already have a vault but the agile keychain is nowhere to be found in the folder lists under my wifes user account. What to do?
Note: I have opened dropbox and my 1password is functioning fine under my ipad, so I know the dropbox account is working. I just cant get it working under a different user account on the same computer.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:using with a different user account

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tylerdavis217,

The 1Password folder is stored within your own Dropbox and Windows account, it is not shared with your wife's account by default.

Is your wife using Dropbox as well and if yes, is she using her own Dropbox.com account or are you guys sharing the same account?

If she has her own account, you need to share the 1Password folder with your wife on Dropbox.com and once she accept the share, Dropbox will download your 1Password folder into her account and 1Password should detect it on the next launch.

You also need to make sure her Windows account also has Dropbox installed and running, so it can sync the data.

This discussion has been closed.