How do I stop the keyboard shortcut from auto-filling a site with multiple logins?

Options

When I use the keyboard shortcut on either Windows or Mac on the website www.shoprite.com, the last logon that I created in 1Password always defaults into the boxes, Is there any way to make it so nothing defaults into the boxes but the keyboard shortcut menu still pops up with the options and I can choose which login to use?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.503
Extension Version: 4.2.5
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I stop the keyboard shortcut from auto-filling a login with multiple

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options

@mercuryrsng: Yes! I do this all the time myself, as I am rather particular about what, where, and when 1Password fills. You can bring up the 1Password mini/Helper/extension menu without filling, to then choose an action:

On OS X: ⌘ ⌥ \ (Command Option Backslash)

On Windows: Ctrl+Alt+\ (Control Alt Backslash)

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh that works pretty well, thank you.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @mercuryrsng,

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome!

the last logon that I created in 1Password always defaults into the boxes

That's because 1Password does precise matching before deciding how to fill. If your last Login item created was on this specific form, it will match the URL precisely and fill in right away if the other Login items doesn't match the URL.

If you want 1Password to consistently show you both Login items, try to match the URLs as much as you can.

• atteSmythe
    atteSmythe
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT, I felt I should jump on here to thank you as well. I likewise have a few sites for which I have multiple logins, and the ctrl-\ keyboard shortcut always choosing one or the other of them was driving me up the wall. Changing the URLs in the password items to be identical to each other now has the plugin asking which one I would like to use.

In my case, the expected behavior was that if the helper menu button showed multiple detected login items, that ctrl-\ would not automatically submit. Perhaps a visual indicator that one of the logins is detected to be preferred (by bolding?) is called for. It would signal to the user that both that that each of the logins is not considered equal, and which one(s) are detected as being most appropriate for the current form.

Anyways, thanks again for the explanation. My logins are behaving again!

• On behalf of Mike and Brent, you're very welcome!

This discussion has been closed.