How to close 1P before updating [In the main program, go to the File Menu > Exit]

Options
Kriegie
Kriegie
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've noticed that before a 1P update is processed, I'm first asked to close 1P. Since right-clicking the notification area icon (padlock symbol) doesn't bring up an Exit option, the only way I've found to do this so far is to use Windows Task Manager to end the 1P process. I find it hard to believe that this is the intended method.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: 4.4.3.b2
OS Version: Win7HP
Sync Type: Dropbox 3.8.5

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Kriegie,

Was the main 1Password program running at the time? 1Password should close Helper on its own but the main program has to be terminated via the File menu > Exit.

Next time you see this, try opening the main program to exit it and see if it works.

If not, it is possible our installer is either misreading your system setup or the system is returning wrong information to us. Please do let us know, so we can investigate this for you.

• Kriegie
    Kriegie
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Am I becoming less intelligent over time, I wonder? Yes, the main program was (is always) running. I didn't even think to go for File > Exit. Obviously too obvious, so thanks for the tip. Holds head in shame. However, if it's easy to implement, why not include Exit in the right-click options? Most of my other notification area icons have it.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Kriegie,

You're welcome.

We do want to simplify this in the future to handle all of this for you with just one action, regardless of how 1Password is running.

This discussion has been closed.