Chrome didn't pass code signature check [Outdated KIS version, latest update fixed this]

haywarle
haywarle
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

Just installed google chrome 44 on a fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro and 1Password extension does not work. It states:

Chrome is connected but its code signature could not be verified
Filling and other features are disabled until this issue is resolved

Can you please tell me how to fix this.

I do not have Firefox, and do not use IE11 - so Chrome is my only option

Thank-you

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1 Pro
Sync Type: OneDrive

Comments

• Hi @haywarle,

Where did you download Chrome from? 1Password is saying the version you downloaded does not match the code signature that Google uses, which means it might not be the authorized copy. I've tested Chrome 44 on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, no issues there.

In addition, can you tell me which anti-malware solution you use? Sometime the message is a red herring and the issue is that an anti-malware solution is interfering with our code signature checks.

• haywarle
    haywarle
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

I installed Google Chrome from the google website - started with x64, then x86, then back to x64. No worries there

I use Kaspersky Internet Security, and have never had these issues before, so also cant imagine it causing issues.

FYI, I have Windows 8.1 two days ago with the same setup (and no problems). Then tried Windows 10. Whilst everything worked in WIndows 10, it is a bit too buggy for now, hence the revert back to Windows 8.1 again. Cannot understand why I am seeing these issues today (first time ever)

Lee

• haywarle
    haywarle
    Community Member

Ah, just checked the version number of KIS, and the engine is very old. Must have installed a cached copy of the installer. I am downloading the latest engine, and we will see. I will update with results

• haywarle
    haywarle
    Community Member

That seems to have solved the issue - the extension works now

Thank-you

Lee

• Hi @haywarie,

That's great, thanks for letting us know what you did to fix this.

This discussion has been closed.