1Password for Windows update issue [Caused by a proxy at work]

Options
E2Lindsey
E2Lindsey
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have Windows 7 Enterprise and 1Password 4.6.0.583. It indicated late last week that there was an update (.584). However, when I try to download the update it gets to 5% and then freezes. I've tried to "run as administrator" but the same thing happens. When I click on More Info it brings up Secure Connection Failed; An error occurred during a connection to app-updates.agilebits.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap) - The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. - Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise
Sync Type: Dropbox 3.8.5
Referrer: forum-search:updating

Comments

• @E2Lindsey - I'm wondering if your firewall is blocking this download as I was able to successfully update this morning. Are you able to try connecting to a different network? Please let us know if this helps.

• E2Lindsey
    E2Lindsey
    Community Member
    Options

Hello and thanks for your response. I am relatively new to 1Password and so far have enjoyed the product immensely. I have to login to several different sites repeatedly throughout the day and it saves a tremendous amount of time. So...somehow my network setting in preferences got changed from No Proxy Server to Auto-Detect proxy settings (I guess I'll have to blame me on that one). Once I changed it to No proxy server the update ran...went to 58% then I got a 1Password Not Responding message but soon after I received the box asking permission to install the software. It updated without issue after that and now running .584.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@E2Lindsey: Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that it was just a proxy issue, as the alternative explanation was that you didn't have your cypher suites updated in Windows. You should be all set, but be sure to reach out if we can be of further assistance! :)

This discussion has been closed.