1PW for Android apparently unable to access correct dropbox account

Options
nsmith_cm
nsmith_cm
Community Member

Hi,

I have been using 1PW for OSX for a while, and am trying to get 1PW for my Android device to sync with the same vault[s], which have always been kept on my personal dropbox account.

Via the dropbox app on my android device, I can properly view both my personal and work dropboxen. But, when I go to setup the 1PW android app, and select 'sync existing vault', 'sync using dropbox', it puts me immediately in the context of my work dropbox account, and I can not find any way to go any higher in the tree to select my personal dropbox. If I hit 'select vault' in the top left corner, it takes me back to the 'storage and syncing' screen, where you select dropbox, wifi, or local.

Any help would be appreciated! I've come to depend on 1PW and have little interest in typing long passwords into my phone all the time!

Thanks,
Nate Smith

1Password Version: 4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:unable to access personal dropbox account

Comments

• nsmith_cm
    nsmith_cm
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind! I removed the app and reinstalled it, and found the option then to give it access to my personal dropbox.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nsmith_cm,

Sorry for the trouble you encountered here, and thank you for following up to let us know how you were able to get it to work!

Out of curiosity, if you wouldn't mind sharing, did you remove and reinstall the 1Password app, or the Dropbox app? Do you have the Dropbox app installed at all, and if so, is it logged in to your personal or work account? Just trying to clarify what may have been causing this difficulty, so we can learn from the problem and possibly improve our sync interface if necessary. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.