1P does not fill any Identity or Wallet fields on websites [Fixed in 4.6.0.585 update]

ellen_colo
ellen_colo
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have Win 7 SP1, and 1P version 4.6.0.584. Within the last couple of weeks or so I have noticed that I cannot get 1P to fill any credit card fields, or fill anything from my Identity field. I have to copy and paste (the credit card information) or type in my identity info. However, the passwords on web pages ARE filled in appropriately by 1P.
Can you help me figure out how to get 1P working fully again?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue.

Identity forms isn't working for me on two different Windows 10 computers on several websites. It was working fine about a week ago. I think it broke in the last update. Both computers are running firefox 39.0 and 1P version 4.6.0584 (12).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

@ellen_colo, @kurtd: Sorry for the trouble! Currently there is an issue with Identity and Credit Card filling, but there's a workaround as we work on the fix:

1. Terminate 1Password by opening the main 1Password app File > Exit
    2. In Explorer, go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\1Password 4\ folder
    3. Locate the file called brainlib32.dll and rename it to old-brainlib32.dll
    4. Open the main 1Password program and go to Help > Restart 1Password Helper

That should do the trick. Please let me know how it turns out!

• ellen_colo
    ellen_colo
    Community Member

Hi brenty,
    Thanks for your help. I followed the steps you outlined, and tested it with the Identity info I had stored. It works! I haven't tried entering any credit card info from the wallet yet, but when I have the opportunity to check it out I'll post back.
    Again, thanks much!
    ellen_colo

• @ellen_colo - I'm so glad that worked for you. On behalf of @brenty - you are very welcome.

• jaimeson
    jaimeson
    Community Member

What is the workaround for Chrome?

• jaimeson
    jaimeson
    Community Member

Argh. Never mind. You meant Windows Explorer not IE.

• @jaimeson - That's correct, @brenty was referring to Windows Explorer in his list of steps. Hope this workaround worked OK for you.

• jaimeson
    jaimeson
    Community Member

Yes, it worked. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

@jaimeson: Yes, sorry about that! I actually paused for a moment there, wondering if I should try to clarify...but this is called so many things, depending on where you look: Windows Explorer, File Explorer...and of course then there's Internet Explorer. I apologize for the confusion, but I'm glad that worked for you. Thanks for letting us know! :)

What is the workaround for Chrome?

And to clarify for you and others who might stumble upon this thread, this workaround applies to both Chrome and Firefox. It works by renaming the new 1Password filling 'brain, which forces 1Password to fall back to the old method temporarily so it works with Credit Card and Identity items in addition to Logins. Again, I'm really sorry for the troubles caused with the update, but we're working hard to get this fixed without resorting to bailing out on the other improvements we've made to Login filling. Thanks for your patience while we get this resolved!

• Russty
    Russty
    Community Member

That worked for me! Thanks for the tip Brenty with the rename of the brainlib32.dll file!

• On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome. I'm glad it is working better.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Version 4.6.0.585 should fix this problem.

Can everyone having this problem please download version 4.6.0.585 and confirm the fix?

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4

Thanks!

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

I tested the identity feature in Firefox on Windows 10 and it's working now. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to let us know! On behalf of svondutch and the rest of the team, you are most welcome! :chuffed:

• cmotley2203
    cmotley2203
    Community Member

Hello, I've installed Version 4.6.0.585 and cannot get 1P to fill in any of the information at http://i.agilebits.com/jasper/form_filling_example.html --- I try to initiate 1P to enter the information by pressing Ctrl+\ and nothing happens, Using windows 10 and IE11 (not edge) I have also renamed the brainlib32.dll file. Can you clarify Svondutch post - does the 4.6.0.585 upgrade fix the Credit Card and Identity fields?

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member

@cmotley2203 I think Ctrl+/ is only for filling username and password. To fill identity and credit card info, I think you have to use the icon. That being said, it only works for me in Firefox. In IE11, instead of filling the information, it opens 1password.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi guys,

@cmotley2203,

We cannot reproduce the issue anymore with the latest update, it is fixed for us. However, as kurtd correctly point out, Control + \ is referring to filling your Logins directly, it is not the shortcut for bringing up the menu to choose a different item. You can use Control + Alt + \ instead to do that.

@kurtd,

I'm not seeing any issues with IE11 with Control + \, can you open a new thread to explain more about this, what version of Windows are you using?

• kurtd
    kurtd
    Community Member

@MikeT Ctrl + / works fine in IE. I was referring to the identity and credit card filling. When I click the icon and select my identity, it just opens up 1password. In Firefox, it actually fills the forms now which it wasn't doing before until the 4.6.0.585 update.

• Hi @kurtd,

In that case, that's normal. Identity and CC filling aren't supported in Internet Explorer due to the limitations we have with the APIs for Internet Explorer.

Hopefully as Microsoft works on bringing over the modern extension APIs to Microsoft Edge later this year, we can bring over the full support for Identity and CC filling as well.

This discussion has been closed.