Screen turns black 5 sec if hovering mouse over large secured notes preview window

Options

I have one secured note in 1Password that is rather large (not huge, but about 26 pages if copied in e.g Word). In that case, if I hoover over the preview window in 1Password of this note, my screen turns black for about 5 seconds. I did do some tests (making note smaller, trying other text), but the above seems to re-appear constantly if note is big enough, so this was not a special exception. It happens every time I hoover the mouse in and out the preview area. I think this is a bug.
Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @PetervdW - I am trying to reproduce this. Can you first let me know what version of 1Password for Windows you have. Thanks!

• MikeT
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @PetervdW,

This is a known issue but we don't have a fix for this because it is difficult to reproduce it and we believe it is directly related to the hardware/software configuration. We tried adding several megabytes of text and it didn't glitch on us. However, we've seen reports of this in the past and people did confirm that reducing the size of the note stopped the glitch.

If you split your secure notes item into smaller ones, it should prevent the glitch, or you can just add the Word file as a file attachment instead of putting the content into the secure note item.

It would help if you can tell us what version of Windows you're using, the graphics and the mouse drivers you have installed. The reason for mouse drivers, is that we've seen glitches caused by Logitech drivers with our products.

• PetervdW
    PetervdW
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Laura and Mike,
    Thank you for your replies. If I make the notes smaller, the screen-blanking indeed disappears. Very strange, but it behaves very consistently in my case. If I make the notes a bit larger again, the 5 sec black screens appears again if my mouse enters or leaves the notes-preview window.

My versions are:
    Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1, 64-bit
    1Password: 4.6.0.584
    Mouse drivers:
    Microsoft HID-compliant mouse, driver v. 6.1.7600.16385
    Dell Touchpad, Alps Electric v. 8.1200.101.134
    Display drivers:
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, driver v. 9.18.10.3257

My computer is a Dell Notebook, no Logitech drivers here.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @PetervdW,

Thanks for letting us know. I don't see anything about your hardware configuration that'd explain this or any connection to our prior reports.

I'll update our existing report and we'll see what we can do in the future to work around this.

This discussion has been closed.