login.salesforce.com requires manual entering of password

Options

When I go to login.salesforce.com on Safari, Chrome, & Firefox, my username is entered successfully and it looks like the password is filled out correctly but it shows me a login failure.
If I grab the password directly, it works without an issue.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.4.3b2
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zanyterp,

I would have to agree with you, the initial testing I've done means it looks like 1Password is filling everything correctly. Can you do two things for me please.

1. Could you uninstall the beta version of our 1Password Safari Extension please and use the stable version which you can download from 1Password Browser Extensions.
    2. Having done this, could you try creating a new Login item using our How to manually save a Login guide.

If between those two the Login item still doesn't work please do let us know and we will start digging deeper.

• zanyterp
    zanyterp
    Community Member
    Options

I got a new hard drive shortly after this question was posted and reinstalled 1password and the extension on 10.11 and no issue is seen with the same record.
    I guess it was a fluke with 10.9.5.

Thank you for your help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zanyterp,

Well we're glad to hear things are working again although I hope you just wanted to upgrade the hard drive rather than needing to replace a dead one. If anything creeps up again please let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.