1P extension will not autolock [Mouse/keyboard must not do anything for auto-lock timer to kick in]

Options
Arun H
Arun H
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

My Chrome browser extension will not autolock after the time period of non-usage I specify in the stand alone app. The stand alone app itself autolocks correctly.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: 6.1.7601
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Arun H
    Arun H
    Community Member
    Options

Wanted to update that this only seems to happen when the browser extension is running by itself. If the main app is running, both the app and the extension lock correctly.. There is no option in the extension settings to lock after inactivity.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Arun H,

The browser extension doesn't have any UI or data, all of the data and lock management is done via 1Password Helper, a companion process running on your system to help with the browser extensions. When you click on the extension icon, it is 1Password Helper that opens up on top.

1Password Helper has the same settings as the main program, they should be locking at the same time in most cases.

First thing, can you confirm if you see the 1Password icon running in your notification tray on the bottom right of your screen?

If not, try this:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and click on Preferences
    2. Go to the General section and check the box next to Show 1Password icon in the notification area and press OK.

Now, does the Helper appear to lock more reliable now? You should see a locked icon in the notification area when it is auto-locked.

Note that inactivity refers to no movement of your mouse and keyboards. If you set it for one minute, it requires one minute of no mouse and keyboard activity.

• Arun H
    Arun H
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thanks.. I tested it a couple of times now and it seems OK. I had not paid attention to the helper icon previously. I'll let you know if I continue to see an issue. Part of the confusion may have been mouse activity vs program activity.

• MikeT
    Options

Ah, yea the mouse/keyboard activity vs program activity has caused some confusion in the past. We'll look at clarifying this better in the future.

Please do let us know if you still see this issue.

This discussion has been closed.