Login with 3 fields not possible? [use workaround suggested in 2015-08-08 reply]

Options
hallygally
hallygally
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

I cannot set up 1P to fill in 3 fields:
1. number
2. name
3. pin

I tried everything, adding new fields in the webform, but still the top shows "benutzername(username)" and "Password", however I added 3 fields down.
Please help me with an advice!

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

I've followed these directions to deal with a web site like that, and it worked for me. Give it a try.

How to manually save a Login

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hallygally,

Please let me know if the steps that Hawkmoth posted have been helpful! Manually saving a Login is a great way to teach 1Password the fields that it needs to fill.

If you're still having trouble, we'd appreciate it if you shared the web address of the site you're working on. This will allow us to do some testing on our end. :)

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

No, this does not work for me. I tried it before and my screenshot above shows the result. I still get theBenutzername and Passwort filled in (into the wrong fields) but the webformdetails are not used although the labels are correct.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @hallygally,

Sorry for a bit of delay getting back with you. We've found issues with the 1Password extension being incompatible with the three field form on the https://www.hypovbg.at/electronic-banking page and are still investigating whether it's currently possible to get a fully functional Login item for it.

In case it might make a difference, which version of the 1Password extension are you using, and with which web browser(s)?

I've moved this discussion into the Saving and Filling in Browsers category because it's a good fit there. :)

We'll follow-up again here to let you know what else we've discovered about this problem. Thanks for waiting!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hallygally,

Here's a workaround to create a Login item for 1Password to use on the Hypo Electronic Banking site:

• Open the https://www.hypovbg.at/electronic-banking page in your web browser.
    • Enter values in the Verfügernummer, Verfügername, and PIN fields.
    • Save a new Login item for that page.
    • Edit the Login item you just saved and click show web form details.
    • Web form details will look something like this with passwords revealed:

• Make these changes to the details:

• Save the modified item.

Now test filling with that new item and all three fields of the Login form should be successfully filled:

Without an account I'm unable to verify a successful login after submitting so please let us know if it does work okay.

Cheers!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hallygally,

It would be prudent to check all three values while you're editing the verfuegerName field, just to make sure everything is good before you test filling.

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @sjk and @littlebobbytables , it´s working fine, thanks for your help.
    However I´m not getting the reason why it´s working now and what is behind the icons for "person" and "key" and why I have to attach them exactly as you have shown. Can you please explain to me?

Thomas

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hallygally,

Let's start with the easier bit first, the person and key silhouettes are what connect the always visible username and password fields that you see in a Login item to specific entries in the web form details. So if you ever edit an item to update the password it would alter that one small part in the web form details too. Technically you probably didn't need to change it but it made sense to us given they seem to be using a password field for your name (which I didn't really understand). 1Password had to take a guess and it guessed wrong, again based on my understanding of the page.

The other alterations you made are because something went wrong in the saving process. It will require a developer to pick out the true cause but it meant wires were crossed as you can see from the fact that verfuegerName was storing incorrect information. So these manual adjustments were to allow filling to work properly despite the earlier glitches in the process. We will be following this up with a detailed bug report for the devs with the hope that we can sort this out.

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables , thanks for the explanation. Hard to understand anyway. If you could give us a follow up if there is any progress done by the devs I would be happy. Thanks for your quick help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options

My previous post was a bit scant on details partly because we (as in support) don't know why what we're observing is happening - that part will require delving into the code. I'm just happy we found a workaround for now @hallygally :smile:

ref: OPM-3247

• Halligalli2
    Halligalli2
    Community Member
    Options

Login with 3 fields on one page not possible again

Several Austrian banks and the Austrian Ministry of Finance recently changed their 3-field login security procedures.
    1. number
    2. userid
    3. password
    The workaround posted by Hawkmoth in August 15 does not work any longer. The cause is that both , the second and the third field, the userid and the password, require password designation. 1Password allows password designation for one field only. It is very annoying.

1Password version 5.4.2
    OSX version 10.11.4

• simusch
    simusch
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I have a similar problem here:

https://www.postfinance.ch/ap/ba/fp/html/e-finance/home?login&p_spr_cd=4

some weeks ago, it worked... but now, the "user identification" does not fill anymore even if there is only one password field.

EDIT: Sorry, I deleted the login and saved a new one and now it works :D

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

@Halligalli2 thanks for the message. However both username and pw had password designation before (Hypo Landesbank). So it should work but it does not after every update from 1password. Well. THAT´s annoying... Why isn´t it kept? I then have to do the adjustment on 5 (!) devices over and over again!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hallygally, @simusch & @Halligalli2,

We made a number of improvements to the extension in version 4.5.4 which we needed to make but did have the unfortunate effect that some pages that require three or more fields filled may stop working until a new Login item is created. We had a couple of very productive conversations off the back of a discussion with a user and as a result we came up with a couple of intriguing future ideas. Sadly nothing that will help right now but should mean we can continue to improve the extension and filling whilst also minimising incompatibility with existing Login items, even ones for complex sites. Obviously it's not ideal that any improvement should have this impact and at some point in the future we hope it won't be the case. So I do apologise for the disruption. The disruption though should only require a new Login item to be saved once and then sync should handle the other devices for you.

If anybody is experiencing a continued issue with a particular site though please do create a new thread as the solution for one is often not the solution for another - the variety in designs out there makes each site a somewhat unique puzzle.

• Halligalli2
    Halligalli2
    Community Member
    Options

@simusch,@hallygally,@littlebobbytables
    Deleting the login and saving a new login helps. Thank you for your advice. The problem concerns 20% of my logins.
    I am not sure if the reoccurrence of the problem is related to an update of 1Password. I am using rev 5.4.2 since Jan/4th and have not loaded any update since then. The problem came up again mid of March.
    I believe that 1Password should find a permanent solution for the 3-field-login problem. A three field login on one page is not exotic, it is pretty common.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Halligalli2. You're right. These login forms are not entirely uncommon. I have been discussing with our team how we can take some steps toward improving things in this area. I don't have a timeframe to share, but it is something we're actively talking about. Login filling is more art than science in many ways, so this is something we have to consider quite carefully in order to make sure we don't regress other sites in the process of attempting to make this improvement.

Even though you're using 5.4.2, the change that affected many logins was in the browser extension and as a result, some folks had logins that seemed to stop working arbitrarily because the extension updated in the background.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    is there any progress regarding this issue? Still burning for that very much as I have to do many bank transfers weekly.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hallygally,

Are we talking about the www.hypovbg.at site or the concept we were mulling over for making certain changes easier or something else that might have been discussed in this thread? Before we reply I just want to make sure we're responding to the correct query.

• hallygally
    hallygally
    Community Member
    Options

The main issue is the concept (how to add 2 passwords) and the current question is still the www.hypovbg.at site to which I do not have the chance to log in via 1P.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hallygally Are you by chance (or did you in the past) using 1Password on Windows? I seem to remember the Windows app erroneously allowed setting the username and password designations (signified by the silhouette and key icons) on multiple fields whereas on Mac it is an exclusive setting. If I set it on one field, the others necessarily do not have it.

As for the hypovbg.at site, can you let us know more about what's happening there? I just tried saving a new Login myself and it seems to fill properly but of course, that doesn't mean that we properly twiddled all the switches that the site wants in order to sign in, so I'd be interested to know more about the situation and what's not working.

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.