iCloud sync problem

Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member

Comments

• beav
    beav
    Community Member

I have the same problem. Changed syncing to Dropbox on all my devices. When I tried to change it back to iCloud, I got the same error message on my iOS devices. On my iMac and MBP I get the message "iCloud is not available. Please enable iCloud to continue", although iCloud is enabled

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@beav as your post relates more to 1P for Mac than 1P for iOS I have moved your post from the 1Password for iOS forum to the 1P for Mac forum where you will get more help. Further, as you don't have the same problem as the person in the thread to which you posted I've split it from that thread.

This knowledge base article may help you:

Troubleshooting iCloud sync issues

If it doesn't help when you next post please tell us:

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Hi @beav,

I'm sorry you're having that problem with iCloud sync! It's definitely worth checking out the the suggestions in the troubleshooting guide that Stephen linked to in his reply.

If that doesn't solve the problem, and if you are also getting a "Failed to fetch some record zones" error for iCloud sync on your iOS devices, this sounds like an issue our developers are investigating. Basically, the issue arises if you remove your 1Password data from iCloud using System Preferences (on Mac) or the Settings app (on iOS) rather than from within 1Password itself. Have you recently done that? If so, you should be able to solve that by following these steps:

1. Make a backup of your 1Password data on iOS like this: https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/ (You still want to do this if you can.)
    2. Make a backup of your 1Password data on your Mac: File > Backup
    3. Remove 1Password from your iOS devices.
    4. Reinstall 1Password on one of your iOS devices.
    5. When you open it, please choose "Create New Vault".
    6. Enter the same Master Password as before.
    7. Sync this new vault to iCloud. You shouldn't get any errors.
    8. Restore the backup from your Mac (the backup from step two) to your iOS device.

9. Re-sync and it'll ask to merge the data. That's fine.

10. Let it finish then you can try re-syncing your Mac to iCloud.

Hopefully that solves the problem! Please let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions about that. Thanks!

ref: OPM-3194
    ref: OPI-2828

• 744b748
    744b748
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

I also encounter problems with iCloud sync, it simply does not work!

When I create a new login file on my Mac, it will NOT sync to my other devices which are an iPad, iPhone and Macbook Air.

All in all, pretty lousy and useless and, it doesn't seem possible to use WiFi sync between two Mac devices., only between Mac and iOS.

1Password is definitely not the cheapest app, but I initially though it was "money well spent" after it being recommended by friends. Turns out I'm really disappointed and I'm really having serious doubts about the security of my stored passwords, since these iCloud sync issues just won't seem to go away!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I also encounter problems with iCloud sync, it simply does not work!

If you want help with your problem please tell us:

It's really rather difficult to offer constructive help without that key information.

Stephen

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Hiya @744b748,

Sorry to hear that iCloud sync is not working properly for you. We'll be happy to help you straighten this out if you can provide the version numbers as requested by Stephen_C above.

Meanwhile, most problems with iCloud sync can be solved with the trouble shooting steps in this support article, which Stephen mentioned in an earlier post:

Troubleshooting iCloud sync issues

Please look through that article, verify that your setup meets the requirements for iCloud sync, and let us know if any of those suggestions help solve or at least narrow down your problem. Thanks in advance!

• beav
    beav
    Community Member

@Drew_AG
    I did indeed remove 1Password data from iCloud using System Preferences.
    The suggested solution worked as a charm.
    Thx for the excellent support!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @beav,

Thank you for following up to share the good news! On behalf of Drew, you're most welcome. We're glad you were able to get iCloud sync working again.

We'll be here to help if anything else comes up, but hopefully 1Password will work like a charm from here on out. :)

• 744b748
    744b748
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Hello everybody, thanks for your replies.

This is the version on my Mac:
    1Password
    Version 5.3 (530029)
    Mac App Store

And I'm using the most current version on my iOS devices, version 5,4,3. All my devices are running on the latest OS X and iOS software.

I tried syncing using WIFI sync between my iMac and my iOS devices, and that works okay, but iCloud (OS X to iOS/OS X sync) and iMac to Macbook (OS X to OS X sync) does not work.

I tried disabling iCloud, rebooting devices, all to no avail, I only have 1 Apple ID.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @744b748,

Thanks for getting back to us with that additional information. I think it's time we look a little deeper. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac and attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

This report will not give us any access to your secure data, but will hopefully help us pinpoint the source of your iCloud sync trouble. Thanks in advance!

• 744b748
    744b748
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Problem solved! :)

I have NO idea what I did differently this time, but I again switched on iCloud a few times, signed out and in with my Apple ID, toggled the sync button a few times, and now it suddenly works again.

Apologies for any inconvenience and thanks for the help!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

No apologies necessary, @744b748! We're just glad to hear you got it working. :) Thanks for letting us know.

You're very welcome for the help, and we'll be happy to help in the future if you ever need us again. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.