Using Google Chrome 1P extension but a red exclamation icon appears.

I've removed the extension and re-installed the extension and that works for a day but next day the red exclamation icon appears again. What's up?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:install-browser-extension

Comments

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TAmbrose,

I am going to assume you are using 1Password for Mac. This being the case, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• TAmbrose
    TAmbrose
    Community Member

Hello AGMarshall and thank you for the quick response. I'm using Windows PC with Google Chrome (Version 44.0.2403.130 m). Can you provide me with instructions for creating the diagnostic report for that configuration?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TAmbrose: Ah, this may be a different issue entirely then! Thanks for clarifying.

If you have "security" software running on your computer it may be that it is simply blocking communications between 1Password and the extensions for some reason. This will result in the error you see. Often you can simply make an exception for 1Password, although sometimes it isn't as simple as that. Please check out this guide to see if any of the tips here apply to your situation:

Troubleshooting communication issues between 1Password and the extension

And be sure to let us know what software you're using that might be (or is) causing the issue and we'll see what we can do to help you work around it.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do would be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums at agilebits dot com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.