Incomplete sync to phone ["repair vault" on Mac or PC]

Options
Baphomet
Baphomet
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi all and first of all congratulations for you great application.

I use 1password for windows on my PC since 2 years ago. I have bought it and i have loved it.
Recently, i use 1p Alpha on my windows phone.

I have sync My vault create on my desktop with 1P (i use agilekeychain not OPvault ) on my Windows phone. I can see only the last NOTE/LOGIN that i have in my vault.
I have 174 login/note on my desktop and only 6 on my phone. Any idea why ?

I try to use "SYNC" button on bottom screen but nothing happen. Alway 6 item on my vault.

Thx for your answer and sorry for my bad English ;)

1Password Version: 1.1508.60.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows Phone 8.1 Denim
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @Baphomet let's find missing items, can you please go to settings\current activities and look for any red messages there? You can save that log to file by clicking on the "current activities" title and choosing where to save.

• Baphomet
    Baphomet
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hello and thx for reply.

But i haven't any red message in current activities. All is green.

• I'm interested in lines like Synced 10 items in vault Test with C57EBA45531827C9!123786. (7.62 sec), Read 8 of 13. (7.46 sec) and any gray messages with ... at the end (incomplete operations).

• Baphomet
    Baphomet
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ok i have this message :-1:
    #Synced `6` items in vault `1Password` with `/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain`. (2.91 sec)

Would you like i send you the entire file ?

• You can send it to support-windowsmodern@agilebits.com and we will investigate :)

• Baphomet
    Baphomet
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ok 2 files (2 different try) send ;)
    Thx

• Got it, thanks!

• Baphomet
    Baphomet
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved :)

Thx. Just need do "Repair Vault" on 1password for Windows.

Again thx.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options

So, just using the Repair Vault command in 1Password for Windows and then re-syncing in 1Password for Windows Modern solved that incomplete-sync problem?

• mr_edski
    mr_edski
    Community Member
    Options

I too had this problem on a Lumina 640 XL. I also went to the Windows Desktop (PC) app and did a 'repair Password Vault' and it did sync all my logins properly. Bug?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mr_edski, are you saying that using the "repair vault" command in 1Password for Windows allowed 1Password for Windows Modern on your phone to "see" all your saved items in your vault?

If so, it's hard to tell what may have caused the repair to be necessary.

• mr_edski
    mr_edski
    Community Member
    Options

That's correct. I don't know why it would be necessary to repair the database from a windows computer, but it does get fixed. Let me know if you need help reproducing the problem.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015
    Options

Well, first, there's no "repair vault" capability in the Windows Modern app, at this time, so a repair would have to be performed in 1Password on the PC or Mac.

As for why it's necessary, there's something about the vault that's different from what the Windows Modern app is looking for, and the repair fixes that (either adding something that was missing or removing something that was unexpected).

===

Update: Dev explains that, in this case, the repair function is rebuilding the "table of contents" for your data, from which the Windows Modern app determines what items there are to be displayed.

• DPL
    DPL
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys,

Using 1password on my PC. Works perfectly well. Signed up for Alpha Version to test on my Windows Phone 8.1.

Install and sign in with Drop Box where backup file is stored worked OK (Took 2 Installation tries).

What doesn't work is the sync with the vault. Doesn't pick up my data. Couldn't find the repair option in the app.

The other thing I've noticed, is that when you hit the retun button, it takes you out of the app, instead of a step back.

Please advise how I can access my vault using Windows Phone 8.1 The released app for Windows phone doesn't seem to work using DropBox, that's why team advised Alpha. When will the updated app Version be fully released?

Thank you.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015
    Options

Sorry for the confusion, @DPL—the "repair data" function isn't in the app; it's in the 1Password for Windows program on your PC.

As noted above, it seems to solved the problem for the few people who've encountered it. Please let us know whether it works for you, too!

Thank you for your interest in the 1Password for Windows Modern alpha app!

• terrymadeley
    terrymadeley
    Community Member
    Options

Just popping on to say that I, too, had this issue and that the Repair 1Password Vault option worked for me as well. I'm glad Google found this forum and thread, as I was starting to worry...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015
    Options

That’s great news, @terrymadeley; thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.