1Password not filling on multiple sites

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Autofill doesn''t work correctly for some websites,.

Comments

• chrismus
    chrismus
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure this is related, but 1Password is not autofilling credentials on the types of sites that I manage continually;

Many thanks,
    Chris

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chrismus,

Can you inform us of a few details please. To help you the following would be fantastic

1. Your operating system (including version e.g. OS X 10.10, Windows 7 or iOS 8).
    2. Which version of 1Password you are running.
    3. Your preferred browser of choice and the version you're running.
    4. Which version of the 1Password extension is installed

It might be your issue is related but this thread has been in connection with 1Password for iOS which isn't the platform that most questions pertain to. With the information requested we can make sure we're supplying good advice that will work for you :smile:

• chrismus
    chrismus
    Community Member
    Options

10.10.4 and latest on all 1Password

• chrismus
    chrismus
    Community Member
    Options

Worth mentioning that this behavior is persistent on both Chrome and Safari. Most of my other websites are autofilled just fine.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chrismus,

Thank you for the additional information. Now that I know what to test with I've taken a look at the three sites you've mentioned. Now the second and third sites, Sony & Axis we won't be able to fill at the moment because they're requesting authentication using what is known as Basic Authentication. The little pop up dialog box isn't part of the web page and using standard JavaScript we're unable to interact with the box. We had hoped that the three major browsers might produce an API for allowing applications like ours to work in a standardised way but so far there hasn't been such a move. Your best option for sites that use Basic Authentication is to also save in the browser if copy and paste is a pain (which I can understand).

Now the first site, Wowza Streaming Engine I could create a Login item that seemed to successfully fill. Can you try creating a new Login item for us please, following our guide How to manually save a Login. I'm hopeful that a new Login item will work given the success I seemed to have. Please do let us know if that works for you :smile:

• chrismus
    chrismus
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for helping me understand why this is happening.
    Cheers!
    Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! I'm glad that helped. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.