Password not displayed; credentials listed twice

shadsad
shadsad
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm encountering an issue where a login's password is simply not displayed. Regardless of the option to hide passwords. No stars.
A separate issue I'm seeing is listing the username and password more than once under a login.
I'm using a Lumia 925 and syncing an opvault via dropbox with a Mac running the Mac beta.

Comments

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

I've also run into this problem (login password not being displayed) for a few logins. Any help appreciated.

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited August 2015

@shadsad & @pbryanw - can you please drop a message at support-windowsmodern@agilebits.com with current activities log after you have run sync? We are trying to figure out what could cause this issue.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

@SergeyTheAgile - Done, just completed a fresh reinstall so the file's a bit large - hope it will be of some use.

• Thanks a lot @pbryanw, we are investigating now

• shadsad
    shadsad
    Community Member

Ran sync and sent the log file as requested. Hope it helps!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

Just to clarify, is the problem that the password field is blank or that the password field is obscured by dots (and the reveal command doesn't reveal it)?

@shadsad, regarding the username and password being displayed twice within a Login item, I'm wondering whether it's related to the way 1Password for Windows, for example, shows the username and password at the top of the details area and shows them again in the expanded view of details. 1Password 4 for Mac does the same sort of thing when you click on the show web form details button:

• shadsad
    shadsad
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

@DBrown You're probably right about the username and password being displayed twice.

The password field is blank, if the hide password option is used, then there are asterisks but revealing the password just takes away the asterisks. See screenshot.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the screen shot, @shadsad!

• hideftv
    hideftv
    Community Member

I'm also seeing the problem shown above. I recently updated a password on 1Pass 4 Mac. Synced both an opvault and agilekeychain version and both times I see no password for item. I've uninstalled/reinstalled with the same results. When I have the passwords concealed I can see *******, but upon revealing nothing.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the input, @hideftv. We're still looking into the problem. (Of course, the fact that it seems random is making it hard to pin down.)

This discussion has been closed.