How do I get back the 1Password content after accidentally removing 1Password from my iPhone 6 s

Options
joshgub
joshgub
Community Member

I accidentally deleted my 1Password App on my iPhone 6 screen. I downloaded the 1Password App again (it did not charge me) using the "Applications" App on my home screen.

When it came back onto my iPhone 6 home screen and I entered my 1password password to access my information, it DID NOT COME UP WITH MY INFORMATION AND ASKED IF I WOULD LIEK TO SYNC WITH AN EXISTING 1PASSWORD VAULT VIA ICLOUD, DROPBOX OR WIFI

When I asked to restore by iCloud, I got the message

"Existing Date not Found"

When I asked to restore using wifi, it asked me to go through the open 1Password protocol on my macbook pro iTunes back up but the "back up folder" it asked for is not in my iTunes back up.

I was also given the option to restore via Dropbox but i don't remember backing up to Dropbox.

Is there a simple way to get back my 1Password files and content after accidentally removing it from my iPhone 6 screen?

All my critical information is in my 1Password App and I am desperate to access it.

Please let me know anything that can help.

Many thanks,

Josh Guberman

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I deleted my 1Password from my iPhone 6 screen and need to know how to restore

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Josh ( @joshgub ),

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your data in 1Password! Unfortunately, your 1Password data is stored inside the app by default. If you did not sync or run an iTunes backup before deleting the app, you would have deleted your password data as well. So, a few follow-up questions:

• Are you syncing 1Password to any other devices?
    • Did you set up iCloud sync?
    • Did you run an iTunes backup recently?
  • joshgub
    joshgub
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan.

Yes. I am syncing 1password with my Macbook pro. I do regular back ups on my computer (Macbook Air) using manual download and iCloud back up as well. I also hit "Sync" as well.

I'm not sure if you mean iPhone sync on my phone itself or my computer??

Yes. I regularly run a back up of my phone to my computer.

Does the content (all the info I have stored on my 1Password App) automatically get backed up when I back up my iPhone to my computer? If yes, how do I "restore" only the 1Password content from my iPhone back up that is on my Macbook Air??

Thanks for the help and clarification

Josh

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @joshgub,

Thanks for the info!

Yes. I am syncing 1password with my Macbook pro. I do regular back ups on my computer (Macbook Air) using manual download and iCloud back up as well. I also hit "Sync" as well.

So if I understand, you use 1Password on your MacBook Pro and have all your data there? If so, you won't need to worry about the other options like restoring from an iTunes backup, because you'll be able to use one of the sync options (iCloud, Dropbox, Wi-Fi) to get your data back to 1Password on your iPhone.

Can you describe where you "hit sync"? Was that something you did on your iPhone or MacBook Pro?

I'm not sure if you mean iPhone sync on my phone itself or my computer??

If this is in response to Megan's question "Did you set up iCloud sync?" she's asking if you've enabled the iCloud sync option in 1Password on both your MacBook Pro and your iPhone. You said you tried choosing iCloud sync in 1Password on your iPhone in order to sync your vault but got an error saying “Existing Data Not Found”. If you never used the iCloud sync option in 1Password for Mac or iOS before, you won't have your data there, so that would explain the error. If you've used iCloud sync before, this knowledgebase article might help: iCloud “Existing Data Not Found” (iOS)

If you didn't use iCloud sync before, do you remember how you used to sync your 1Password data between your MacBook Pro and iPhone? You should be able to use that same method to sync your data now, or you can choose another one. We have information on the sync options here: Sync options compared: Dropbox vs. iCloud vs. Wi-Fi

Does the content (all the info I have stored on my 1Password App) automatically get backed up when I back up my iPhone to my computer? If yes, how do I "restore" only the 1Password content from my iPhone back up that is on my Macbook Air??

It depends on how you have your iPhone and iTunes set up. Backups of iOS devices are usually done via iTunes or iCloud (there's a setting for that in iTunes when viewing your iPhone info). If you have "This computer" selected in iTunes for the backup settings for your iPhone, then yes, it should be backing up the data from 1Password for iOS when you sync your iPhone with iTunes. The way iTunes backups work is that you only have the option to restore the entire device, not data from individual apps. But like I said above, if you have all your data in 1Password on your MacBook Pro, you don't need to worry about backups.

If you're still having trouble syncing 1Password between your MacBook Pro and iPhone, please also let us know the following:

• What version of Mac OS X are you running on your MacBook Pro?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your MacBook Pro?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password on your MacBook Pro?
    • What exact version of 1Password is installed on your iPhone?
    • How did you previously sync your 1Password data between your MacBook Pro and iPhone (Dropbox, iCloud, Wi-Fi Sync)?
    • Do you have 1Password installed on your MacBook Air, and if so, does it have all your 1Password data?
    • What is the current state of 1Password on your iPhone - are you stuck in the "setup", or is it set up but with an empty vault?

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.