Filling issue - username fills but password does not

This discussion was created from comments split from: Sites that 1pass won't work on.

Comments

• brucelisker
    brucelisker
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Now, I had the same issue - sort of. The URL that was autosaved to the HD Credit Card login item actually redirected me to a Citibank login screen. Hm. As if it was swapping in another URL or something... So I went in and figured out that I needed to add (the above URL). Now I am taken to the correct Home Depot credit card login page, but only my username is autofilled! The password field refuses to fill. I have to do Command-\ to fill it in and proceed with the login... I am using Chrome on MacBook Pro. Anyone have a fix or a workaround???

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brucelisker: Sorry for the trouble! Indeed, We'll be happy to test it ourselves to see if we can offer a solution for you...but in order to do that we'll really need some more information!

Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect. The more information you can give, the better! For instance, the URL will play a key role in allowing us to actually test it ourselves, so be sure to include that! Thanks in advance! :)

• brucelisker
    brucelisker
    Community Member

I am running Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 on a MacBook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt display, 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) purchased from the Mac App Store, Chrome Version 44.0.2403.130 (64-bit), and the extension is 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet 4.4.2.90. I've logged into the Home Depot website at https://secure2.homedepot.com, then at the top of the right column clicked Pay Your Home Depot Credit Card, which then takes me to www.homedepot.com/c/Credit_Center. There, I click the orange Pay & Manage Card button beneath the image of the orange Consumer Credit Card. This takes me to https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do?siteId=HOMEDEPOT&cm_sp=CC_Home_Depot_Credit_Options--left_nav--manage_my_account1-_-consumer_account where I entered my username and password. 1Password then asked me if I wanted to save this Login item. I said yes. BUT THEN, the Login item it saved would not take me to the Home Depot manage my card area I just described, but rather to a Citibank login screen. Bizarre. I then applied the fix I stated above (i.e., copying the correct URL, https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do?siteId=HOMEDEPOT) and now I am taken to the correct page, BUT the username & password refuse to autofill and continue. Instead, the correct username is inserted (into a drop-down on the login form; don't know if this may be the issue) but the password remains empty. If I then press the Command-\ keyboard shortcut, 1Password does indeed fill in and proceed with the login. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your quick reply!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

@brucelisker: Awesome! Thank you! I'm running a nearly identical setup here.

Indeed, while I don't have a Home Depot card, I do have several Citi accounts which of course also go through accountonline.com.

I think the biggest issue you'll have going forward may be that you'll always be offered your Home Depot login for Citi pages too, since it's through the same website. But the good news is I was able to get this working but simply manually saving the login at the URL you provided. Just follow these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website (https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do?siteId=HOMEDEPOT)
    2. Enter your login credentials (leave the cursor in the username field)
    3. Tap the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

I was able to do this successfully in Chrome with the 1Password extension (both stable versions). Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

This discussion has been closed.