Two page login

Hi,
i have a number accounts that require login information on two consecutive pages i.e. the first login data allows access to a second login page. Is there any way that I can configure 1Password to enter login details on these consecutive pages with one Fill and Go request?

Thanks

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2011
    John, welcome to the forum!

1Password's pretty smart, but it does "think" only in terms of HTML form-submit actions, and there's one go-and-fill-Login "event" per form submission.

With a bit of experimentation and manual editing, you might be able to copy a password's fieldname and value into the same Login item as the username's fieldname and value (or vice versa). If it worked, that would leave you with a single Login item for both pages; but you'd still have to tell 1Password to fill each page in the login sequence individually: visit the site, press Ctrl+\, move to the next page, press Ctrl+\ (assuming you have auto-submit enabled).

The simplest (and thus recommended) method is to create a separate Login item for each page in the process, something like this:
    • MyBank 1 - username
    • MyBank 2 - password

I know that's not the answer you were looking for, John, and we never say "never"; but I hope that helps you make the most convenient use of 1Password, for now.
  • John Preston
    edited May 2011
    Many thanks,
    I have another question but I think I know the answer before I ask! Some accounts require you to provide specific letters from a password e.g. 1st,3rd, 8th etc. and these change at each log in. I suspect that this will require a manual entry each time. Am I right?
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    We never say "never" :) but currently, yes—that is correct.
This discussion has been closed.