1P is not working in Yosemite with Firefox 40.0 [and EFF's Privacy Badger extension]

Options
clapsclaps
clapsclaps
Community Member
edited August 2015 in Mac

Hi there,

The problem is clear: 1P is not loving my Firefox. Each time I need to use it, the "Looking for the 1Password app" window appears, however the app is clearly running and it actually works in all my other browsers (Safari and Chrome).

Can you please take a look at that? I've tried everything, including reinstalling the extension.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: OSX 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @clapsclaps,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password extension!

You mentioned you're using Firefox 40.0. Is that the stable release, or the beta/dev release of version 40? The 1Password extension will not currently work with the beta or dev version, but should work correctly in the regular stable version. You can find a bit more information in this knowledgebase article.

Does that help? Let us know how it goes and if you have more questions about that. Thanks!

• clapsclaps
    clapsclaps
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Drew,

Finally I got it. The problem it was with the EFF's Privacy Badger extension. It's apparently, with no reason, incompatible with the 1P extension.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great, thanks for letting us know what the problem turned out to be! I'm sure this will be helpful for others in the same situation who find this forum discussion.

Hopefully the extension will continue to work well for you, but if you run into more problems or have questions, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.