Feature Request: Notifications like in KeePass2Android

Options
febLey
febLey
Community Member
edited August 2015 in Android

Hello,

i'm thinking about a switch from KeePass to 1Password, because of the great OSX App.
The KeePass2Android App has a brilliant feature:

When you've selected an item you can copy the username and the password via a notification. Also you can lock the Database via it.
In my opinion that's a killer feature, that i almost would throw money at the screen ;D

(Google Drive Support also would be nice <3)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @febLey, Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your interest in 1Password! :lol:

I really like the idea of being able to lock and unlock form the notification bar. I'll forward this to our developers for their consideration.
    ref: OPA-606

One thing we've been very public about in the past is that we never want to automate use of the clipboard for our users. On Android, the clipboard is a vulnerable place to store info (especially the sensitive information in 1Password), and can be accessed at any time by other apps. Since we value security over convenience, we'd much rather leave copying to the clipboard in the hands of the user, rather than automate that process.

I'll go ahead and pass your feedback along to the team, but I honestly don't see us implementing any changes that would lead to 1Password automatically placing user data on the clipboard.

Google Drive support is one of our most often requested features, and while we can't make promises, I'll certainly add your vote. :)

Please let us know if you have any further feedback or requests! Thanks!

• febLey
    febLey
    Community Member
    Options

That's very sad, but i can understand the concerns.

What about an almost similar concept:
    Instead of Copy User and Copy Password
    2 Buttons named Paste User and Paste Password
    and if you touch them they'll fill the username or password on the current cursor location.

I'm using SwiftKey so i don't want to use another Keyboard :(

• peri
    edited August 2015
    Options

I'll go ahead and pass this suggestion along! We have added in-app filling which utilizes a custom keyboard, and does exactly what you mention. It works through 1Password, so clipboard security isn't a concern there. :) You can switch back and forth relatively quickly, so you can get back to using SwiftKey when you're finished filling.

We've also heard from users who love SwiftKey (I happen to be one), use it all the time, and would like to see exactly the integration you're describing in the SwiftKey keyboard. I'll go ahead and add your vote for that feature as well.
    ref: OPA-552

If you have any other suggestions, we'd love to hear them! Thanks again!

• febLey
    febLey
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, 1Password integrated into SwiftKey would be so awesome. I'm so in with this.

• saad
    Options

Indeed! Be sure to give 1Password a :+1: on their poll when you get a chance. :)

This discussion has been closed.