How do I make 1password "forget" a vault

Options

I had my wife share her primary vault through Dropbox so we could both access it from my Windows laptop for a short period on time when we were on travel. My primary vault is also synced through Dropbox. After we are done traveling, I want to get 1Password to not try to open both vaults on startup (which requires entering the passwords for both vaults separately and not being certain which one it is actually trying to open) and just get it to open mine. In essence, I want it to "forget" my wife's vault. Is there a way to do this short of her unsharing her Dropbox folder and me deleting that folder from my Dropbox account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:forget a vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Arun H: 1Password for Windows can only open a single vault at a time. Did you perhaps post this in the Windows category of the forums by mistake? Definitely don't delete anything!

Please tell me the OS and 1Password versions you're using so we can figure out the best plan of action. Thanks in advance! :)

• Arun H
    Arun H
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I am using 1Password for Windows, version 4.6.0.585.

I'm sorry if my first post was confusion; I can verify that the program is in fact only opening one vault at a time. My issue is that the drop down menu shows two vaults - and which one of the two it wants to open - i.e. asks for the master password for- when I start it depends on which one was active when I closed the program. I want to get rid of the second one in the drop down menu (or set a specific one to be the default one it opens).

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Arun H,

1Password will only remove vaults that doesn't exist in the directory. I'll send you a private message on how to manually remove it without removing the vault from the directory as well.

• Arun H
    Arun H
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Your suggested procedure did exactly what I wanted.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! I'm glad that helped. Be sure to reach out if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.