trouble with code signature in Firefox+Kaspersky. tried all your suggestions

Options

this problem occured since the latest update of 1Password and/or Firefox. I reinstalled the browser extension, then got the message with the invalid code signature.
I stopped Kaspersky in two ways: first I stopped protection, the second time I stopped Kaspersky totally - always restarted the 1Password helper, nothing happened, the problem still exists. My KIS version is 15.0.0.463(b). I cannot update this version, because I would have to buy the next version. Do you have any other ways to help me? I have a long list of logins saved with 1Password, I need them. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:trouble with code signature in Firefox+Kaspersky. tried all your suggestions

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have a long list of logins saved with 1Password, I need them. Thank you.

@lindy_h: First and foremost, this won't have any impact on your data stored in 1Password. Unless you delete your vault, it will still be there for you! :)

My KIS version is 15.0.0.463(b). I cannot update this version, because I would have to buy the next version.

You should be able to update to version 15.0.1.415.0.97.0 (or later). I know that Kaspersky has fixed this issue in recent releases, but you would need to contact them for assistance with that. But ultimately, rather than using an outdated version, it may be better to use no security software at all (which would elite the problem you're having with 1Password), or use a free alternative. It won't do you much good if it isn't being updated.

Uf Kaspersky (or any other app) is interfering with the browser, 1Password, or the connection between the two, 1Password will not be able to verify that it's connecting to a legitimate version of the browser, and it will disable the extension as a result for your security.

Now you say that you tried all our suggestions, but without knowing specifically what you tried (or even what version of 1Password and the extension you're using), it's hard to tell you what else to try. Please follow this guide to see if you can work around the Kaspersky issue once it's been updated:

How to resolve “code signature could not be verified” (Windows)

You can also disable code signature verification completely to work around the issue, but that will mean that 1Password isn't even checking to see if the browser is legitimate, so this is not a good long-term solution. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• lindy_h
    lindy_h
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry to not have given you some nessecary information. Here it is: 1Password Version: 4.6.0.585 / Extension Version: 4.4.2 / OS-Version and Sync-Type I do not know.
    I updated Kaspersky now to version 15.0.2.361 - same problem as before.
    I disabled Kaspersky - same problem as before. (always restarted the helper, of course)
    I installed 1Password on Safari and Windows Explorer - both work fine. Just Firefox is the problem it seems.
    I wrote now to Kaspersky support asking them to solve this problem, hope to get an answer soon.
    Do you have any other ideas now? Looking forward to hear from you. Thank you :-)
    P.S.
    I attached a screenshot of the 1Password tool on my desktop. Why is it named "1 Password - 1 Password 2"?? This puzzles me...
    (https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/qp/i8smatizkhdv.png "")

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @lindy_h,

It could be that your Firefox version is not signed properly. If it works in Safari, it should work in Firefox as well. The fact that it isn't working, suggests it is not likely due to Kaspersky but your Firefox version. To help us figure this out, could you email us your diagnostic report? Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

I attached a screenshot of the 1Password tool on my desktop. Why is it named "1 Password - 1 Password 2"?? This puzzles me...

The name of the vault you are using right now in 1Password is 1Password 2. The first part is the name of the product and the second part is the name of your 1Password vault. If you switch to a vault named Work, it would say 1Password - Work.

• lindy_h
    lindy_h
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I just would like to report that the problem has been solved with your help and the help of your support team. I had malware on my computer (UtilitySecurity). It took me 2 days to fix it, but now the problem is solved - 1Password works with all my browsers. Thank you very much!
    One more question about 1 Password: how do I delete a vault? I have two and would like to delete the older one. And I would like to rename the one I want to keep. Rifht now it is called "1Password 2". Thank you for your help and reply. L.

• LauraR
    edited August 2015
    Options

@lindy_h - I'm so glad we were able to resolve your problem. Thanks for letting us know.

On a Windows PC to delete a vault you simply delete the actual .agilekeychain file.
    Likewise to rename a vault, you rename the file using the standard Windows renaming option.

• Right-click the file that you want to rename, and then click Rename.
    • Type the new name, and then press Enter.
  • lindy_h
    lindy_h
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Everything is working fine now. Great support!

• MikeT
    Options

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know. On behalf of the team here, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.