IE - htaccess auto fill like Chrome [Must use Auto-type]

Options
lutz
lutz
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Is there a autofill function for IE on the roadmap, like htacces auto-fillout in chrome?

Thanks so far

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• CyborgBBR
    CyborgBBR
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. Would be nice for all Browsers. Need, too.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lutz I assume you're referring to HTTP authentication prompts. When you see them, make sure the blinking caret is inside the username, then task-switch to 1Password, then locate your Login item for it, then press the big Auto-Type button on the 1Password toolbar. This should then auto-type your username and your password into the HTTP authentication window. Thanks!

• lutz
    lutz
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch

then locate your Login item for it, then press the big Auto-Type button on the 1Password toolbar

Yes, i know that this works - but i store more than 400 Logins :/

I like The STRG+# combi in Chrome, so 1pass locate the item itself

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @lutz,

The browser extensions doesn't have the ability to detect the HTTP Auth dialogs, which exists outside of the website and is a part of the browser itself. The extension can only interface with the websites, that's why you have to use Auto-Type instead.

If your Login item is only for HTTP Auth dialog, what you can do is edit this Login in the main 1Password program and check the box next to Use Auto-Type in web browser. In the future, put your cursor in the username field and then press Control + \. This should work for you.

• lutz
    lutz
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT This Sounds like a solution - i will test it! :+1:

• MikeT
    Options

Please be careful to focus the username first before using the shortcut. If you don't, 1Password will keep typing wherever the focus is. There's no way of knowing where it'll tab next to, it's just typing the username > tab > password and optionally, it'll press enter if you have auto-submit turned on.

• lutz
    lutz
    Community Member
    Options

If i tick the Checkbox "Auto Type" and Focus the Username in the htaccess Popup and Type CRTL + \ there is no happens.

This work with Internet Explorer?

• MikeT
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @lutz,

No, I misread your original post, I thought you were using Chrome. For IE, because the prompt shows up externally to the browser, you have to tell 1Password the name of the prompt to get it to auto-type in it by adding the Application URL to the Login.

Here's how: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/creating-an-application-login

I tested this and it works.

• lutz
    lutz
    Community Member
    Options

mmh this doesnt work in my test?
    Sure that i must type "STRG+\"?

The Char "\" are only print (German Layout) on "ALTGR+?"

• Hey @lutz,

On our German keyboards the shortcut is usually STRG+# or ALTGR+#. You can check this in the 1Password preferences on the 'Logins' tab.

Cheers!

• lutz
    lutz
    Community Member
    Options

thanks - very complicatet for IE, but it works ;)

• MikeT
    Options

I'm glad to hear that, thanks for letting us know.

• lutz
    lutz
    Community Member
    Options

In the last WIN 10 Build from yesterday STRG \ works fine in Internet Explorer like the other Browsers ;)

• That's great news, lutz!

Thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.