1password 3 on iphone woking want to sync on MAC pro and iPad air with newer versions of 1password

Options
joepacsuta
joepacsuta
Community Member

I Password3 works on My iPhone 6+ i have a iPad air2 for several months with new version of 1password but can't determine how to get my data into it. I just downloaded Password to new MBPro and can not see iPhone when trying to wifi sync, I can't do a dropbox sync. please advise

1Password Version: 3.6.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: wifi, dropbox, iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password 3 on iphone woking want to sync on MAC pro and iPad air with newer versions of 1password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @joepacsuta,

1Password 3 for iOS AKA 1Password for iPhone, 1Password for iPad or 1Password Pro is now quite severely limited in how it can communicate. It can only perform Wi-Fi Sync with the older 1Password 3 for Mac after a change in the Dropbox API.

I assume the goal to simply migrate the information from 1Password 3 to 1Password 5? If this is the case you can backup the vault in 1Password 3, export and then import into 1Password 5. For more on how to do this we have a guide, How do I upgrade from 1Password 3 on iOS? (3.7.1 or earlier).

Please let us know if this isn't what you want to do but I believe this will get you sorted :smile:

• joepacsuta
    joepacsuta
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You for your help! :) I am Upgraded and in sync on all my devices.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @joepacsuta and thank you for letting us know everything is going smoothly :smile: Should you have any other questions you know where to find us and hopefully we can answer them too :smile:

This discussion has been closed.